Mar 12, 2008, 12:11 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

BVM Electra ARF

I spotted the Electra ARF brochure on the BVM site earler today.
It has prices and pictures of the four avalable color schemes.

Man an I glad I didn't start to paint mine already.
I seriously considered painting mine to duplicate the red, white and blue one that I saw at SEFF and the Ohio fly-ins. I have sence changed my mine to do a uneque scheme.

One of the ARF colors is that same nice R/W/B called "All American".

Looks like the ARF is all composit.
Im wondering if BV will rename the Electra the Balsa Electra ?
Seems the Bandit renamed to the Balsa Bandit when the all Composit
bandit hit the market.

Probably not ... Dosen't roll off the toung like Balsa Bandit.

Like to the Brochure PDF file.
http://www.bvmjets.com/JetKits/elect...f_brochure.pdf
to remove ads between posts
Mar 12, 2008, 12:56 PM
holy crap, that brochure states that the viofan is for 10-16 cell operation (!)

mine is on 12s and logs in just shy of 5kW, the 16 cell version HAS to be a lower kV? surely they are not pushing 16 cells thru the same motor?
Mar 12, 2008, 01:00 PM
Thread OP
Has to be a lower kV, going from 12 to 16 cells would about double the amp draw.
Would make for very short expensive runs.
Mar 12, 2008, 03:22 PM
Suspended Account
Yeah, did you see the price on those arf's too? You could buy a bandit arf for that price. The kicker is the electra arf is painted and finished in CHINA!!! So what happened to the proudly made in america speech? Lets make the economy even worse by outsourcing yet another product. It just pisses me off putting people out of work here.
Mar 12, 2008, 03:27 PM
2024 EDF Jet Jam, June 6-8
Actually they are produced in Thailand not China. It's obvious that they were not selling enough kits so they ARF'ed the model. They are very well made.
Mar 12, 2008, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Belluomini
Actually they are produced in Thailand not China. It's obvious that they were not selling enough kits so they ARF'ed the model. They are very well made.
It look really nice and the quality is excellent.
Even got one for myself.
Yes is not cheap....but it is the best looking small sport jets I have see.
I paid for that.
My bottom hurt this time.....
Mar 12, 2008, 03:53 PM
Suspended Account
LOL!!! Tam your funny!
Mar 12, 2008, 04:35 PM
EDF all the way!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavochkin
Yeah, did you see the price on those arf's too? You could buy a bandit arf for that price. The kicker is the electra arf is painted and finished in CHINA!!! So what happened to the proudly made in america speech? Lets make the economy even worse by outsourcing yet another product. It just pisses me off putting people out of work here.
The ARF Ultra Bandit is $8,000 before you start to stuff it. The ARF Electra is ready not bad at all.
Bob
Mar 12, 2008, 05:16 PM
Suspended Account
I wasnt talking about the ultra bandit. Just the littler bandit arf. Its still more, but the point is the turbine is within reach of the electra arf once packs,servos and evf unit are purchased. My electra was probably over 5,000.00 and it wasnt even the arf version! Awesome product, but my point was not saying quality is bad. Its where part of its made.
Mar 12, 2008, 05:27 PM
I looked at the ARF Electra display board at FL Jets. Looked to me like the wings were of the same built-up construction as the kit.

John
Mar 12, 2008, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavochkin
I wasnt talking about the ultra bandit. Just the littler bandit arf. Its still more, but the point is the turbine is within reach of the electra arf once packs,servos and evf unit are purchased. My electra was probably over 5,000.00 and it wasnt even the arf version! Awesome product, but my point was not saying quality is bad. Its where part of its made.

I'm run this business pretty much like BV do.
The quality control, instruction manual, support after sale, employees and other overhead operate here in the USA is the major cost.
I wish I can purchase for a $1 and sell it for $1.25 without paying any overhead.
But it doesn't work that way in this industries. Good company produce good products come with big overhead. I got to get more guys like Bary, Russ, Carlos and Ray coming to my shop at night just work for Patron and rice.
Hope after this post Bob knock off another 5% for the saddle pack I order this morning.......
Mar 12, 2008, 05:38 PM
Suspended Account
Lol!!!
Mar 12, 2008, 06:35 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by imacav8r
holy crap, that brochure states that the viofan is for 10-16 cell operation (!)

Just re-read it. It's avalable for 10 to 16 cells.
I take it to mean either 16 cell motor is special order OR mabey the 4012 motor is good to 16 cells. ????

Not an issue for me, I've got the 4010 and the 5S packs.
Mar 12, 2008, 08:06 PM
That later maybe but I think it's a different motor. The 4010/5012 is at around 120 amps on 12 cells so you couldn't go higher than that. 4012 is a softer wind to start with.
Mar 12, 2008, 08:09 PM
Suspended Account
Now your talking 200 ampHV esc's right? Maybe its a new wind being tested for Neu.

Quick Reply