This thread is privately moderated by rdwoebke, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 01, 2019, 07:52 PM
The Mr. Rogers of RC soaring
Thread OP
Thanks for posting that, Chris.

There is a fun article in this month's Model Aviation on Gordon and Jody's 8 hour slope flight. I like that the picture where they are dressed to hold up a 7-11.

Ryan
to remove ads between posts
Jun 23, 2019, 04:21 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Finished off the last of my L2 landings today and handed my form off to the Canadian Country Co-ordinator to officially complete my L2 SAP. On to the Level 3 for me.
Jun 23, 2019, 05:14 PM
Thread OP
Congrats Mawz!!! Thanks for continuing with the program and thanks for updating this thread with your progress.

Ryan
Jun 25, 2019, 02:17 PM
Transplant Chey WY from Reno
Ryan,

Does anyone know where one can get LSF decals, other than making them with vinyl?

I have seen several old timer planes that seem to be newly built with LSF decals. I had some old one but they seem brittle.

Thanks,
Chris
Jun 25, 2019, 02:27 PM
Thread OP
Maybe the LSF should start a Cafe Press page? This is a good question, I will try to find out the answer, Chris.

Ryan
Jun 25, 2019, 02:44 PM
LSF303-AMA Fellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermaln2
Ryan,

Does anyone know where one can get LSF decals, other than making them with vinyl?

I have seen several old timer planes that seem to be newly built with LSF decals. I had some old one but they seem brittle.

Thanks,
Chris
Try emailing the LSF President or Secretary, both positions used to keep a stock on hand.

tk
Jun 25, 2019, 03:10 PM
I have mine made at Callie Graphics. Callie is the best and very reasonable. LJ
Jul 02, 2019, 05:48 PM
May the Wind Always be Good
I have used https://www.zazzle.com/c/stickers and have done a nice job
Jul 06, 2019, 07:12 AM
Jody Miller
Heading out to the coarse to try my 10K for the third time.
Last task for level V!
Third times a charm I hope.

Jody
Jul 06, 2019, 07:42 AM
Thread OP
Good luck Jody! I have tried the 10k myself several times. Hope it goes well for you and that we hear of your success here soon.

Ryan
Jul 06, 2019, 07:08 PM
Jody Miller
Got it done!!!! Finally I am level V
It was a really tough day. The weather was not good but we forced the issue thanks Gordon’s tenacity and the great team of Steve Blake and John Vennerholm level V #51
I just nearly made it back in the rain. Check out the video Gordon posted on FB.
Wow if anyone is working towards this goal, keep going because it is an awesome feeling to go all the way!
I thought about doing this 20 years ago thinking it would be cool to achieve. Now it’s a reality!
So cool, don’t give up and get it done.

Jody
Last edited by sailjester2811; Jul 06, 2019 at 08:02 PM.
Jul 06, 2019, 08:07 PM
Thread OP
Congrats Jody! I hope to join you in doing the 10k some day. I remember when I drove for Gordon and you and I witnessed his 10k back almost 10 years ago now.

Ryan
Jul 06, 2019, 08:07 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Congratulations on your Level V Jody!
Jul 06, 2019, 08:27 PM
Jody Miller
Thanks guys! We have a good 10K course down here and if anyone is willing we would love to help.
Jul 07, 2019, 02:54 PM
Transplant Chey WY from Reno
Congrats!

Quick Reply