Heng Long 1:24 M1A2 tracks? - RC Groups
Mar 09, 2008, 10:44 AM
Question

Heng Long 1:24 M1A2 tracks?

Anyone know where to get replacement tracks rubber or metal ones that will fit this el cheapo tank?
I bought one from ebay, works fine after I took all apart and resoldered all wiring.
The only trouble are tracks falling off in aggressive handling outdoors.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 09, 2008, 11:32 AM
Wilson
Try Mato Toys www.matotoys.com/canada for the plastic tracks. I buy all my stuff from them, good service.

R/CJohn
Mar 10, 2008, 02:19 AM
1/24 HL is really classed as a toy - they aren't very well looked after in the parts or upgrades department, they're more of a stepping stone to bigger things
Mar 10, 2008, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wackywheelz
1/24 HL is really classed as a toy - they aren't very well looked after in the parts or upgrades department, they're more of a stepping stone to bigger things
I wasn't expecting anything more than a toy for $35, works fine for me just need better tracks. Have no plans to step up to Mauri, VS or other big bucks toys.

R/CJohn thanks for the link.
Mar 10, 2008, 11:53 AM
Whilst theyre all "toys" I just meant that the HL Abrams isn't the best starting point or basis for a "great" tank, hence aftermarket doesn't really cater for it, which sucks when you get into a sticky position (like needing better tracks etc).

I wouldn't buy VStank, Marui etc personally - too expensive for such a small tank with such a limited upgrade path.
Mar 13, 2008, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wackywheelz
Whilst theyre all "toys" I just meant that the HL Abrams isn't the best starting point or basis for a "great" tank, hence aftermarket doesn't really cater for it, which sucks when you get into a sticky position (like needing better tracks etc).

I wouldn't buy VStank, Marui etc personally - too expensive for such a small tank with such a limited upgrade path.
Actually the new VStank PRO IR's are very nice.

They have 3 speeds forward and 2 speeds. Very closed to scale speed. Not like a regular toy. The IR battle system is nice and they have sound too. Machine Gun fire with sound too.

also a very nice feature I like is Gun turret recoil.
The only model so far with these new electronics is the T-72 and Tiger 1.
The soon to be out Type-90 will have the same.

Not sure if they are going to update the rest.

I purchased a set because I was itching to play, my HL tank is out for service.

Very nice tank!! T-72 that is.

also awesome detail and weathering. $120 well spent.
Mar 15, 2008, 04:58 AM
A 1/16 T-72 would be very nice, but I've always wanted a big T-55 or T-62

1/24 just doesnt do it for me