quick homemade parachute drop for Slowstick - RC Groups
Jan 05, 2003, 10:34 AM
MEDIC!!!!!!!

quick homemade parachute drop for Slowstick

About an hour and a half, CA and epoxy, a little balsa, some 1/16th ply and doweling. I'm sure there are lighter means of doing this but the slowstick doesn't really care about lugging this around with a half a dozen troops. You can scale the length to whatever amount of room that you have but watch the CG.
Last edited by sierra aardvark; Jan 05, 2003 at 10:48 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 05, 2003, 10:35 AM
MEDIC!!!!!!!
The parts:
Jan 05, 2003, 10:37 AM
MEDIC!!!!!!!
Assembled, fuselage fits in the channel on top, two rubber bands to hold, forward corner dowel to opposite middle to rear corner, repeat for other side:
Last edited by sierra aardvark; Jan 05, 2003 at 10:42 AM.
Jan 05, 2003, 10:39 AM
MEDIC!!!!!!!
Troops loaded to go

Trim channel 4 to hold safety, reverse trim and tap the stick to release:
Last edited by sierra aardvark; Jan 05, 2003 at 12:44 PM.
Jan 05, 2003, 11:34 AM
Sierra:
I guess we will need an extra servo to do this but If I am right, the GWS R4-P is a 4-Channel Receiver so plugging another in should be no problem? I like how you have a whole bunch of parachute guys instead of 1, where did you get the Parachute Troops?
-Mike-
Jan 05, 2003, 12:15 PM
Crash Master
Great job. Now, you need to post a picture of them while they're decending!

We strapped a cut down cup on top of the wing and drop stuff out of it by going inverted. The boy tried to get me with a paintball, and got himself
Jan 05, 2003, 12:41 PM
MEDIC!!!!!!!
Mike,
If you have a 4 channel radio and Rx and a spare servo laying around this works. Just plug into channel 4. I'm using an HS-55 that went twitchy on me, not reliable for control surfaces but works here.

The parachute guys are novelty items from Target kids party gift department. $1.99 a half dozen.

Genebond,
Waiting for the film to be developed.