Dec 21, 2008, 11:55 PM
Suspended Account
where do i fly? : anywhere i can: my house, friends garages, dads livingroom,inlaws house, outside when calm, chase the dogs, kill the cat, empty the ashtray(i hate that one), and blow the mail all over the living-room.

my wifes father is 14 years older than me and i have him hooked on helis, so i am a mentor. find a local pal and get them involved in this extreme hobby that has no equal.

I personally fly alone a lot but it is fun to imperss others. 3 of my friends have gone on to learn it and we also play guitar together. it is a higher lever of thinking like breathing, when it becomes autonaumic, ur ready to go single rotor. and dont forget to BREATHE, holding you breath will NOT save you from crashing!

happy landings
to remove ads between posts
Dec 22, 2008, 07:53 AM
..... with a football problem? Too competitive ? big monkeys all beatin` on each other?...any way . I have re-built and am keen to get her moving forward .with authority ! as you said. No I have not had a tailwag problem as yet. I took the outer axle out to replace it tonight . That was a first.The machining seems a reasonable quality....What do you fly these days and where? Off to bed here. Catch you soon. Garry
Dec 23, 2008, 07:11 AM
I am constantly 'head over the bench 'doing repairs .... self-inflicted. The new swash only had inside balls anyway ! and it seems to be working fine on the old heli . These machine are - dare I say - so repairable . I came down on top of a big gum tree tonight ... I think ' thats it ' she has served me well ! .... but it fell step by branch to the ground . I love flying outside. Cant beat it !. After I put new blades on and replaced the top of the engine box which obliged me by coming down as I was head over the body of the 'wreck' .... it all went back together !. Sure its costing me for parts but I am learning . Especially about drive wheels and the gears that drive them...
I must say that I am disappointed at its range. In fact a good deal of my open air crashes are because I am testing its limits [ not always deliberate ,admittedly ] ..... she just stops responding . I wonder what the 27 megs were like for range/distance. LESSON - dont fly too far from radio . I reckon 30 metres max. Annoying limit when you are in a 4 acre paddock with NO BREEZE . sTILL, i NOW GO FORTH TO cHRISTMAS..... with 2 working heli`s to practice with [read SHOW-OFF] .... not that they care....cheers to readers.
Dec 23, 2008, 11:01 AM
Suspended Account
on the landing skid there is a wire wrapped up in a bundle, that is the antenna. unwrap it and let it hang from the heli or route it through the tail and the range will increase to farther than you can see.

Also put fresh batteries in the remote!
Dec 25, 2008, 05:25 AM
Hi therer cable guy ...I have 2 explorers and cant aee a bundle that you have described . I have rebuilt no ! a few times now and havent seen 'it ' .... about to pull the tail off to look. My range is only about 30 - 40 metres at the moment , All balls have been severed and it seems to make a nice difference - especially on one of them. My reverse isnt so good but that doesnt matter. I have had about a half hour solid flying the last 2 days and have NO REPAIRS !!!!!!! MUST BE GETTING SMARTER ......and choosing wide open spaces. Still HAVE to have a fly a day !!
Dec 25, 2008, 06:01 AM
My helis are 2.4 gig and they have very short antennas... They may not be able to operate as far as the 72 meg etc...
Dec 25, 2008, 11:10 AM
Suspended Account
i didnt know the explorer was avail. in 2.4ghz. the kestrel 500 is.
Dec 27, 2008, 07:49 PM
My explorers are both 2.4 gig . I am flying outside every night these summer sunsets. I havent had TO DO A REPAIR FOR 3 DAYS !!!! I must be doing something right . I flatten 3 batteries then come inside ..... after my 'fix'. I am just a little frustrated at the distance. I do have to keep them within 40 metres or they become disobedient. That is generally far enough because I cant tell the fore from aft if I take them too far.... Still having great fun !
Dec 28, 2008, 03:58 AM
g'day, new heli owner here, looking to get hooked but having teething problems with my new nine eagles speed eagle. Has anyone ever had problems with power cutting off unexpectedly - no motors or servo control? It comes back if I turn off the transmitter and on again, but will cut again around 10-15 seconds. Very frustrating, can't seem to make head or tails' I took the first model back to the shop and they exchanged no worries but having the same problem with this one so thinking maybe I am the problem...

(i am also new to discussion so tell me where to go if I'm in the wrong area.)
Dec 28, 2008, 01:58 PM
Suspended Account
that is a binding issue, refer to post #3 in this thread for proper setup:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...8#post11219090
Dec 29, 2008, 07:41 PM
thanks cable guy. its not that though - I thought it was for a second but the same problem occurred after a short while. On return to the shop I was told the alkaline batteries were wrong and they sold me new ones that work. Now I just have to try to not bust the thing as I fly.
Dec 29, 2008, 08:25 PM
Suspended Account
oh yeah,, be sure you use good batteries...lol
Jan 01, 2009, 07:21 AM
Hi Rich .... when I was learning I had some great advice . - to practice on lino or concrete floor FIRST. This way you are eliminating height - the third dimension . .... and you get used to the controls.There is an argument that its unrealistic and you get a bounce of air from the ground , but it helped me.Cheers , Garry
Jan 04, 2009, 03:14 AM

Crazy spinning

I have a new NE107B. Fun to fly, but so far in very short bursts (more practice required) My first heli.

Something weird is happening. When slowly powering up to take off, all of a sudden one of the motors goes berzerk - full speed. Which of course means a wild spinning out of control, causing all sorts of bits to fly off... It doesn't just slightly speed up, it goes full throttle, while the other behaves normally.

The totally weird thing is that if I hold the heli by the skids (carefully above my head) and do the same thing, the motors behave nicely, respond to the controls, and generally are perfectly normal.

Anyone have any ideas?
Jan 04, 2009, 04:59 AM
Gedday Mango, mmmmm sounds like something I`d be returning to supplier - not always practical I know. It may be the gyro, which I dont know much about but if you hold it steady then the gyro knows its ok- but if you rock ir fore and aft - I wonder what would happen [ so that you replicate real flight] ?? I have 2 explorers and I have not had that problem yet - and the first one is nearly worn out and gives poor fore and aft/unreliablility.... but it has copped a beating so I cant complain .It seems they come out of the packet pretty well tuned ...good luck.

Quick Reply