Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jan 04, 2003, 07:34 PM

Connecting Qualcomms in Paraller - Can you do it with the circuit board on?

Somebody posted some step-by-step instructions for making a Parallel configured pack using (2) 2-cell Qualcomm Lion Packs but he removed the Protection Circuit Board. Is it possible to make up these Parallel packs & still keep the circuit board on?

-Thanks-

Mike
to remove ads between posts
Jan 04, 2003, 08:16 PM
Senior Moment Member
mrebman,

We seem to be following the same trail today.

That was probably me. Here's the link.

Parallel QC 830 pack

I always used the protection circuit between the charger and pack. I still used it with the parallel packs. They plugged in just the same. It's critical on voltage but the QC circuits give you a little more leeway on amperage.

But if it doesn't work at first try another protection circuit. Some are better than others. I have one that won't work with the parallel packs, but I have a bunch that do.

Jimmy

Oops, guess I didn't answer your question. You can leave the circuit on the packs, but you'll have to use a different cell configuration that what I show in the link. I would hook it up with some test leads first to make sure the PC works before it was soldered up.
Last edited by Capt. Electron; Jan 04, 2003 at 08:26 PM.
Jan 04, 2003, 08:28 PM
Jimmy:
Do you fly with the Protection circuit on the Pack? I guess my question is that do you leave the Prot circuit permanently on the Packs or do you just have (1) Protection circuit "Somewhere" loose between the Pack & the charger. Here's where I am lost, do you use just (1) Prot Circuit board for the whole parallel pack or leave both Boards on both packs?

-Thanks-

Mike