This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 05, 2008, 08:58 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Discussion

Very quick update

Project Zero 2.0 is complete except for a new receiver switch. That doggone horizontal stab is, quite frankly, ugly. No way to take the entire thing off and recover it. It's glued in too well...and I don't have nor can I get covering to match...which is painted. However, the engine starts and runs fine. Besides, Zeroes are suppsed to be kind of ugly. My only concern is that the stab stays together. Looks as if it will.

The VQ Model P-51D Mustang whose article is getting lots of hits over at RC Power flamed out on takeoff the other day. I was able to bring it in OK past the runway, but one of the wire landing gear struts bent and the other rotated in the socket. No damage, but I needed to clean a lot of yellow pollen off the thing. It landed in a bush full of wildflowers! I've dusted off the pollen and wiped everything down, but I'll need to fix the gear and pull the cowl to see what's up. It had flamed out earlier when the muffler came loose in flight, so I'm thinking bad muffler gasket.

Making slow but steady progress on the Align Spitfire 400 which crashed on its maiden. The new Great Planes retracts are fitted and ready to be connected once I shorten the pushrods. I also discovered that the Cirrus rudder servo has stripped gears. Gonna have to go through Hobby People for a new set.

Need just one more part get the HPI Savage 25 back to desert-tearing status.

Ah, the fun of running but the woes of repairing!
Last edited by DismayingObservation; Mar 06, 2008 at 01:11 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply