Mar 04, 2008, 05:45 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

rcspeeds.com (GOOD TILL FEB 2011)

Last edited by daboz; May 17, 2011 at 05:04 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 04, 2008, 06:09 PM

Cool!

And a very nice opus at that!

another great shot...f3fnyx at Grass Mountian...it btw is in the lead!

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/atta...mentid=1447658

Alan
Last edited by Terminator; Mar 04, 2008 at 06:47 PM.
Mar 05, 2008, 12:37 AM
Just Fly it

Rc Speeds Dot Com

You have been talking this idea for so long Chris, even before the Fastest Gliders went up. And you finally did it!! It is all so comprehensive, and efficient. Well, it took some one with the computer skills and interest that you have to pull it off. Id say you get a 10mph "bonus" on your favorite plane DS speed for doing it.

I want to thank you for the contribution Chris. Our DS community is much blessed by it.
Mar 05, 2008, 01:41 AM
407mph P.B...Going 4 500mph!
Looking like it’s off to a good start Chris, thanks for putting your idea and time together. The F3F/MOM idea is cool too, for F3F times. Are you doing site in HTML or are you using a Dreamweaver type program? (I'm guessing straight up HTML)

Thanks to John for all you countless efforts for updating The Worlds Fastest Dynamic Soaring Gliders, and their Pilots and the organizing speeds / categorizing / documenting on the hill speeds and planes, etc!! This will all be helping greatly for the construction flow of the site for Chris.

I think I'm going to register some domains like dsspeeds.com...dynamicsoaring.org..and so on to just forward them to rcspeeds.com ... just thinking
Mar 05, 2008, 01:51 AM
Thread OP
Last edited by daboz; May 17, 2011 at 05:05 PM.
Mar 05, 2008, 10:45 AM
Just Fly it

Rc Speeds

I know its off topic, but since its about speeds i thought it would be sort of relevant. I had asked about the new Stalker Sport 11 Pro, and was told the Sport would only go to 200. So i sent him this letter.

Hi Jim, and thank you for the reply.
For our sport of Radio Controlled Dynamic soaring, we routinely fly faster than 250 mph with our gliders. At meets we frequently hit over 300 mph. There are planes in the making that will soon be going 400 mph. We need a gun that will go that fast soon. We need a gun right now that will go 350 mph. My Stalker Pro is hit and miss over the 300 mph mark, and am lucky to have it register a 307. We miss so many runs with no reads in this precious speed range. Above 300 we rely more on the Prospeed, but it has a lower mWatt power and it really misses a lot of passes at those speeds.
So may we hope for a 350 for now and a 400 in the near future???
Best wishes,

And then i recieved this reply this morning!!

Hi John…
Yes. I think a radar that we currently have in development will easily meet your speed requirements, now and in the foreseeable future. When will it be released? All I can say is, “soon.” Maybe Summer.
I’ll try to let you know when we release it.
js.

Well this is looking good for all of us. I still want to see what Kustom does with their upgraded Falcon with Ka
John
Mar 06, 2008, 11:52 AM
Thread OP
Mar 06, 2008, 11:55 AM
Thread OP
Mar 06, 2008, 06:27 PM
He who dares ... repairs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by daboz
how bout some pictures for this spot... LOL

http://rcspeeds.com/Location.aspx?Loc=56

can you guess where it is, its a spot that the db has no content for yet... lol

C

Hey Rushup Edge, that's my local (if 70miles can be local). How about this picture taken by DSMan

Any plans to visit blighty Chris? Rushup isn't a million miles from Birmingham. Remember to bring your MCT
Mar 07, 2008, 12:09 AM
Thread OP
So if I come and get a good speed, would that be a hill speed, an english mans speed, an English speed... an American speed,,, lol

Anyway, Thanks for posting the pic, got antother? Just one more, Please,,, any links to driving or the weather over there, that way, Google earth, if I do come, at least I'll know how to get there.

Thanks Chris

RUSHUP EDGE...
Mar 07, 2008, 04:43 AM
Thread OP
Last edited by daboz; May 17, 2011 at 05:06 PM.
Mar 07, 2008, 04:55 AM
He who dares ... repairs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by daboz
So if I come and get a good speed, would that be a hill speed, an english mans speed, an English speed... an American speed,,, lol

Anyway, Thanks for posting the pic, got antother? Just one more, Please,,, any links to driving or the weather over there, that way, Google earth, if I do come, at least I'll know how to get there.

Thanks Chris

RUSHUP EDGE...
Fastest Brummie with an American accent?

Some more pics nicked off the internet
http://mountain-magic.co.uk/lordsseat.jpg
http://www.dynamic-soaring.de/images...20edge_800.jpg

We use this for wind direction & strength
www.xcweather.co.uk

Maybe someone else can chip in with the googleearth ref?

PS Great job Chris.
Mar 07, 2008, 10:22 AM
Just chillin @ 403 MPH
That looks like one of the best DS hills I've seen, complete with Radar wall protection..
Sweet

Nick
Mar 07, 2008, 10:45 AM
Thread OP
Last edited by daboz; May 17, 2011 at 05:06 PM.
Mar 07, 2008, 10:54 AM

Sounds Good

Rushup?

Sounds like something to do.
How are the conditions in June?
Sounds like a sloping Safari is in order...
Hopefully Stalker will have a new radar gun out by then....

edit, I have no radar gun at the present and waiting for the latest and greatest not that I need the high speed readings...

Alan
Last edited by Terminator; Mar 07, 2008 at 11:12 AM.

Quick Reply