Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Old Mar 03, 2008, 07:00 AM
Find More Posts by puma1824
Discussion

HBFP - Can I use my CX2 radio, 4-in-1 & battery?

I would like to transfer the RX, 4-in-1, and battery from on of my Blade CX2 to a HoneyBee FP. Is this possible? Any advantages and/or disadvantages?

I know it's relatively inexpensive to purchase a RTF HBFP but I have many CX2 lipos I'd like to keep as well as run 2.4GHz so I don't have to worry about conflicts w/friends radios.

Thanks.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2008, 08:14 AM
Find More Posts by Merkava
puma, the Blade CX2 4 in 1 (or 3 in 1 - seperate rx) isn't compatible with the single rotar Honey Bee, Blade CP etc. I'm sure that the 4 in 1 is completely different as it is driving 2 motors of the same size in the CX2 as compared to the larger main and smaller tail rotor in a single rotor heli.

Same thing applies to the similar Esky products, lama v3, v4 etc, there 4 in 1's aren't capable of controlling a "normal" heli either, for exactly the same reason.

If the CX2 has the seperate 6100 receiver though, this can be added to a honey bee, by hacking it into the existing 4 in 1, or by purchasing the Blade CP (pro) 3 in 1 which is essentially the same as the Esky 4 in 1 just minus the receiver.

Anyway, if I have my wires crossed here someone will correct me, but I am 99% sure the above is basically accurate.
Old Mar 03, 2008, 08:58 AM
Find More Posts by puma1824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkava
puma, the Blade CX2 4 in 1 (or 3 in 1 - seperate rx) isn't compatible with the single rotar Honey Bee, Blade CP etc. I'm sure that the 4 in 1 is completely different as it is driving 2 motors of the same size in the CX2 as compared to the larger main and smaller tail rotor in a single rotor heli.

Same thing applies to the similar Esky products, lama v3, v4 etc, there 4 in 1's aren't capable of controlling a "normal" heli either, for exactly the same reason.

If the CX2 has the seperate 6100 receiver though, this can be added to a honey bee, by hacking it into the existing 4 in 1, or by purchasing the Blade CP (pro) 3 in 1 which is essentially the same as the Esky 4 in 1 just minus the receiver.

Anyway, if I have my wires crossed here someone will correct me, but I am 99% sure the above is basically accurate.
How about the batteries?
Old Mar 03, 2008, 07:58 PM
Find More Posts by Vario3
CX batteries work VERY well in a HBFP! I do it all the time, and I like the lower weight and the extra power!!
Old Mar 04, 2008, 04:08 PM
Find More Posts by allena99
I run my HB's with the 2.4Ghz. transmitter that came with my Blade CX2. I just have to change dip-switch #6 to reverse one servo, and switch it back when flying the CX2. I have tried it both ways; split the E-Sky 4-in-1 or use a CP Pro 3-in-1. Both work fine.
Old Mar 04, 2008, 06:23 PM
Find More Posts by Kamov
[/QUOTE]I run my HB's with the 2.4Ghz. transmitter that came with my Blade CX2. I just have to change dip-switch #6 to reverse one servo, and switch it back when flying the CX2. I have tried it both ways; split the E-Sky 4-in-1 or use a CP Pro 3-in-1. Both work fine.

Yes exactly what i did with mine..used eflite 3n1 or eksy 3n1 will work as well. A coax 3n1/4n1 will not work.

and LP5DSM CX2 TX are cheap as u can buy them used or even free[from friends that lost their helis from the wind]