This thread is privately moderated by drfish, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 02, 2008, 02:27 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Orange Crush CG Issues

Ok, so after some help in the forums, it looks like the 'Crush has a serious CG issue! Using the calculator at Aircraft Proving Grounds, it turns out she was balanced actually on or behind the nutral point, which would more than explain the issues at hand!

So, now I am trying to find a way to balance this plane. There is no way to do so with the shotgun-vpx packs I wanted to fly it on, so I will be trying it tomorrow with the 4s brick pack I have, shoved against the forward firewall. This still dosnt get me where I want to be, so I will be putting about an ounce of weight in the cowl as well.

My biggest concern is putting the battery there will severely limit the airflow through the fuse, and the ESC is already doing a bit of baking where it is. Well, that and I only have one battery in that configuration right now!

Will be trying it tomorrow. Have to start thinking about how to redesign this to make it CG right! not sure I want to lengthen the nose anymore, it is already a bit long!
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply