Feb 29, 2008, 06:00 PM
My planes have left thrust :s
Thread OP
Discussion

The Official Belt CP Thread! - Post Questions! - Get Support! - Link to FAQ Page!

As the original thread was closed i thought i would start this. Post all questions!

Before posting check if it has already been answered by the FAQ belt cp section at: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=812147 thanks to xatled for making it.
Last edited by vanepico; Mar 10, 2008 at 02:45 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 29, 2008, 06:34 PM

Belt Cp Build and Setup Thread Take Two

Well they closed our old thread so lets start a new one the orginal people who started it are long gone. Lets post our questions here and hopefully you will get a answer. Heres the link to the old thread https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=569550
Last edited by mrmuffinmanvw; Mar 01, 2008 at 03:46 PM. Reason: added link
Feb 29, 2008, 06:45 PM
looks like you just beat out muffinman for the new thread creation!

so now for a question. In finless bob's ball link video he mentions that ball links can only be installed in one direction and they are marked to identify the outside. Are the belt's ball links one way too? I didn't see anything speclal marked on them.
Feb 29, 2008, 10:17 PM
It's a heli valotta fun!
WOOHOO!!! Let's do it!
Feb 29, 2008, 10:18 PM
RCHN #150

Linkages

Quote:
Originally Posted by derelicte
looks like you just beat out muffinman for the new thread creation!

so now for a question. In finless bob's ball link video he mentions that ball links can only be installed in one direction and they are marked to identify the outside. Are the belt's ball links one way too? I didn't see anything speclal marked on them.
I cannot see any difference between either side.

Rick
Mar 01, 2008, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt74
WOOHOO!!! Let's do it!
Well I guess we are off and running just waiting to see who else checks in. Its early here in florida and there is no wind yet so I am going to fly my belt cp and a few others that I have batteries for.
Mar 01, 2008, 09:52 AM
Thread OP
muffinman made his at 11:34 mine made at 11:00 i win
Mar 01, 2008, 10:13 AM
Test Pilot, Stand Clear
I'll be lurking.
Mar 01, 2008, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydirt
I'll be lurking.
Don't just lurk if you need something or have a question ask away. I have had a Belt cp since just after they came out. With some help on the other thread we figgered out most of the popular mods like the king gear mod mine is still going strong T rex spindle shaft and the Trex mainshaft Andys tail mod adding the bearings and a few others. I am waiting for a few of the old crew to check in and they will.
Mar 01, 2008, 10:58 AM
Thread OP
Gonna get some pics of my bell 222 shell up now
Mar 01, 2008, 01:27 PM
Thread OP
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=826589
Mar 01, 2008, 01:49 PM
It's a heli valotta fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanepico
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=826609
Mar 01, 2008, 02:22 PM
Thread OP
huh? a belt cp thread has already been made
Mar 01, 2008, 02:45 PM
Thread OP
here it is!!! my bell 222 is coming along, got the tail boom a few days ago
Mar 01, 2008, 04:43 PM
Hello everyone, glad a new thread got started, suprised they closed the last one. I crashed my belt the other day, huge gust of wind, and I'm i the process of rebuilding it. After the crash I spun it up to see if the main shaft was bent, and it was. At that time I noticed how much slop was in the linkage from the servos to the swash. Never noticed it before, but because the shaft was bent, the swash was not rotating level and was moving up and down with the rotations, about 1 mm, and the servo arms were completely still. All the movement was being absorbed by the linkage. I always thought the direct swash linkage mod was unnessesary, but after this I've decided to do it. I'll post some pics when its done. Keep the thread alive.

Quick Reply