Feb 29, 2008, 01:22 AM
Back in black............
Thread OP
Discussion

sneak peak at what I have been up to. lotsa pics

its gone trough some changes along the way.

I am looking for some 6" wheels dont matter what the drive style is hex square pin clod. If you know of some let me know please. tires in the pics are not what it is going to use.

Mike
to remove ads between posts
Feb 29, 2008, 11:01 AM
QSL
QSL
looks really good!!!
Feb 29, 2008, 11:33 AM
Thread OP
thanks qsl. Have we talked else where?

I have a long way to go. I plan on making it as scale as I can. Doors tail gates 3speed auto lights radio anything I can thing of. I had planed on using a 31 cc honda 4 stroke but I am now thinking it my end up E power instead. I am going to glass the body once it is done and all the interior parts are going to get coated in polyurethane then finished out they will be mounted once the body is glassed. Its not 1/4 scale but close. I is 3.6 scale based off the wheel base and track width of a 85 model Toyota truck though I made it look a bit like a mix of ford and Chevy. This gives me a wheel base of 29.5" and a track width of 15" at the center of the tires.

Mike

By the way txman or fred k or what ever you want to go by today. I did not email you friend. I am not going to email you friend. If he wants to run a rc business then he needs to at the very least have a web site. I do not respond to you pm's so stop sending them. Just because other people do things other then how you would does not make them wrong. if everyone in the world was the same the would would suck. grow up and go on.
Feb 29, 2008, 03:57 PM
you should make it like a pre runner or trophy truck where the front fenders flare out

http://www.weitzelmotorsports.com/ph...ery01/010.html
Feb 29, 2008, 04:25 PM
Thread OP
that is a good looking truck. I plan on putting finder flares on it. I have made up a couple different ones just dont like what I have come up with yet.

Mike
Feb 29, 2008, 04:28 PM
cool
Feb 29, 2008, 06:57 PM
Very nice.
Feb 29, 2008, 08:09 PM
Thread OP
thanks

Didn't get much work done on the truck last night. I did finish up the transmission tunnel. doing a motor swap before one even goes in. just ordered 2 x 970, 2 x 11T Mod 1 pinion's, and a Custom Savage 970 Mount. going to run it on 10s lipo one big esc and wired the motors in seres. So I will basically wind up with 2 970 running on 18.5 volts each and I want need 2 esc. should have tons of torque and top out around 25mph with the gearing I am looking at.

Mike
Mar 01, 2008, 07:24 PM
Thread OP
stating to come to gather. little more work to the inside.

Well lets see what we have here.

Mike
Mar 02, 2008, 11:40 PM
QSL
QSL
Frame is looking good. This is a very interesting project. Do you plan on keeping the body this material, or are you going to make a fiberglass mold off of it?

I dont think we have spoken before, but maybe you have been on my website??
Mar 03, 2008, 12:40 AM
Thread OP
QSL thank you. I was very proud of the way the frame turned out and you are the only one that has said anything about it. I am going to fiberglass the foam. the foam will remain though. I dont think I will glass the the inside I had just plained on using poly to seal it and then detailing it out. I am not out for all out speed or blowing through the mud or even crawling over rocks. I want it to be as scale as possible. I want the look of a mid 80's truck with a 12" lift and 40"x15"15" tires. The tires are the part that is kicking my but. I cant seam to find any that look right and are the right size.

By the way you have a great site and yes that was what I meant.

I welcome and suggestions any one might have.

Mike
Mar 03, 2008, 08:52 PM
Thread OP
just a bit of update. I go the rear frame braces and shock mounts welded up.

I like picks I hope they dont bother you guys. In my case the do a better job of telling things then I can.

Mar 03, 2008, 09:50 PM
mayb some buggy wheels would look good
Mar 03, 2008, 10:38 PM
Thread OP
what kinda buggy? those are imex jumbo max wheels and tires under it. they are 6.5"x4.5" on a 3.2" wheel. This think isn't little truck by no means with a 30" wheel base.

Mike
Mar 04, 2008, 07:03 AM
o
i didn no it was that big

Quick Reply