Discussion

The RCT-450 (325mm) Thread

Reserved for RCT-450 discussion.

Regards,
Scott
to remove ads between posts
Mar 05, 2008, 03:49 AM
throttle down
Just wanted to say thanks again for a sweet machine, and will be ordering more goods from your shop shortly. As she sits now on the new test stand, still no crashes. cheers.
Mar 05, 2008, 01:01 PM
Thread OP
Very nice setup and finishing touches to the canopy.

Regards,
Scott
Mar 21, 2008, 06:01 PM
Thread OP

RC-TEK RCT-450 Update:

RC-TEK RCT-450 Update:
A few days ago, a major factory fire (with injuries) in China caused us to lose a complete inventory of kits and parts worth a very large sum of money. Additionally, the contracted manufacturer notified us they are not insured. This has unfortunately forced our hand in deciding the short term fate of the RCT-450.

Therefore, it is with great disappointment that I must announce that the RCT-450 Diablo/Sky-Shark will be temporally "retired" until further notice. There will be no production kits offered after we sell the last few we have in stock at a discounted price. We will still do everything possible to maintain an acceptable parts supply for existing customers and see if we can possibly move production to the USA if we find it financially feasible.

I am now looking at flying to China to see what, if anything, can be recovered. Although the people physically injured were not employees of RC-TEK, I would still like to send my best wishes to them and their families and we hope life gets back to normal for them soon. It is a tragedy to see something like this happen anywhere. Material items can be replaced; people cannot.

RC-TEK will be launching a full internal investigation regarding the circumstances surrounding this event and we will be diligently working with all local and Chinese government authorities involved in doing the same. Those who have any questions or comments may email jwilliams@rc-tek.com or call 800-949-8689.

Regards,
Scott Booth
President & Managing Director
RC-TEK Ltd.
SGB Enterprises LLC
Last edited by Scott_RC-TEK; Mar 21, 2008 at 06:36 PM.
Apr 16, 2008, 01:39 AM
throttle down
wow, sorry to hear that. hope everything goes well for everybody involved, just ordered a few things from rc-tek and seemed to find alot of parts i needed at heliwarehouse. let us all know how it goes. Wish all well that are involved.
Oct 08, 2008, 11:45 PM
MB-Commander
MB-Commander reporting in... I can't believe I never saw this thread... oh well...

MB.

Quick Reply