Feb 27, 2008, 03:50 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Bantam e-Station BC-6 program shuts down

My program to e-Station BC-6 "Dual Power" shuts down spontaneously, after between 6 min and 3 hours, every time I tried to use it. I have minimized all surrounding things ( energy-things, screensaver etc ) and that will not solve the problem. I have tested the program on 6 different computers with 3 different op.systems ( Windows 2000, Windows XP and VISTA) - and the problem is still there. I have e-mailed mr John Kim at Bantam and he sent me updated drivers for virtual com-port and USB-bridge-drivers but it did not solve the problem. Are there anyone more than me who have this problem ??

Peter Pernevi
Last edited by [email protected]; Feb 27, 2008 at 04:26 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 27, 2008, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
My program to e-Station BC-6 "Dual Power" shuts down spontaneously, after between 6 min and 3 hours, every time I tried to use it. I have minimized all surrounding things ( energy-things, screensaver etc ) and that will not solve the problem. I have tested the program on 6 different computers with 3 different op.systems ( Windows 2000, Windows XP and VISTA) - and the problem is still there. I have e-mailed mr John Kim at Bantam and he sent me updated drivers for virtual com-port and USB-bridge-drivers but it did not solve the problem. Are there anyone more than me who have this problem ??

Peter Pernevi
Here is the message that has just been posted:
I finally got the Bantam Estation software to work in Vista.

First load the software as provided, then update the USB driver.

Google 'CP210x' and select the Silabs site.

Download the latest driver and install it.

Plug in the USB lead with it's dongle, wait for all the Windows messages about loading drivers to finish and open Device Manager using Control Panel.

Look for 'Ports (COM & LPT)', click the + sign to get to the CP210x item.

Right click it and select 'Properties', then click the Port Settings tab.

Click on 'Restore Defaults', then 'Advanced'.

Uncheck 'use FIFO buffer'.

OK your way out.

The next step is to make the software actually work using one of Window's undocumented features.

Right click the icon for the Estation software on your desktop and select 'properties'.

Click on the 'Compatibility' tab.

Select 'run this program in compatibility mode' and choose Windows 98(!)

Check the following boxes :-

Disable visual themes
Disable desktop composition
Disable display scaling

These last three steps may not be necessary, but you don't need them, so why not?

Click 'Apply' and 'OK'

It's probably worth rebooting at this point to ensure the registry is updated.

All should now be well.

The processor on my 1.4GHz dual core Pentium used to run at 100% and the software crashed regularly, now it runs at 3% and the software hasn't crashed - yet!

Be aware that it seems to like to be the only thing running on the PC, don't be tempted to run anything else at the same time.

BTW - this should work in Windows XP as well as Vista, it, too, has the hidden compatibility mode.

RC Accessory - I'm quite happy for you to give this guide to your customers providing you credit me - Alan Bedingham. It took me a fair amount of time and effort to get to this!
Feb 27, 2008, 05:46 AM
Thread OP

eStation BC-6 program problems/ Slution

Thank You. Alan Bedingham.
I will try this as soon I come home.
Have a nice day / Peter Pernevi
Feb 27, 2008, 06:23 AM
Thread OP
Thank You. Alan Bedingham.
I will try this as soon I come home.
Have a nice day / Peter Pernevi

Quick Reply