MScomposit EPP Pitts S2 BullDog - RC Groups
Feb 25, 2008, 09:14 AM
There is no place like Hodges!
Discussion

MScomposit EPP Pitts S2 BullDog

This is an awsome little plane! You guys have got to check it out!

You can find them at...

MScompsit USA

And...

QuietRCFlying.com

Here is my setup...

Axi 2212/20 motor
Jeti Advanced 18A ESC
4x HS-55 servos
Dualsky 3s 1300mah Li-Po
APC 9x6 prop

This seems to be the perfect setup. TONS of power, 15min flight times, and still flies light!

Here is my video...
Flying the MSComposit Pitts S2 BullDog! (2 min 34 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Feb 25, 2008, 10:00 AM
Checking CG is for NERDS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge5foamy
This is an awsome little plane! You guys have got to check it out!

You can find them at...

MScompsit USA

And...

QuietRCFlying.com

Here is my setup...

Axi 2212/20 motor
Jeti Advanced 18A ESC
4x HS-55 servos
Dualsky 3s 1300mah Li-Po
APC 9x6 prop

This seems to be the perfect setup. TONS of power, 15min flight times, and still flies light!

Here is my video...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=HCDHingpCXY
Awesome stuff... thanks for starting this thread.

That package offered by MSComposite with the Axi motor is pretty good..even comes with a battery. What do you think of that price?

I see you went with that Jeti 18 Amp ESC... that's a very expensive 18A esc...$70! any reason why you would go with that one over another/cheaper one?
Feb 25, 2008, 10:11 AM
Which package are you talking about?

Can you post the link?
Feb 25, 2008, 10:14 AM
http://www.mscompositusa.com/pitts-s...plane-epp.html

I called and the person who answered the phone said that this package does include the battery and motor...which surprised me since just the airframe was $70 at Quiet RC.

EDIT.... wait, that can't be right because that motor alone is $65.
Feb 25, 2008, 10:22 AM
As for the Jeti, I just got it when I ordered the plane. It preforms very well, but for the price there are others that preform as well, or better.

Hyperion, and E-Flite ESCs, are the best ones I have found.
Feb 25, 2008, 10:47 AM
Okay... I called back again and the woman on the phone said that this is the benefit of buying it as a combo.

I am still a little bit afraid that I will find the plane with no motor at my door..

The person who answered the phone was named Juanita. She seemed very nice and professional...I had no reason to think that she didn't know what she was talking about. We'll see.
Feb 25, 2008, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokescreen38
Okay... I called back again and the woman on the phone said that this is the benefit of buying it as a combo.

I am still a little bit afraid that I will find the plane with no motor at my door..

The person who answered the phone was named Juanita. She seemed very nice and professional...I had no reason to think that she didn't know what she was talking about. We'll see.
The link that I posted in the first post is not a combo, it is only the airplane.
Feb 25, 2008, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge5foamy
The link that I posted in the first post is not a combo, it is only the airplane.
Right...that's what I thought at first but the description lists the motor as a
"feature." I called up (again) and Juanita insisted that it was included...even after I mentioned that the motor was $65 seperately.

It still doesn't sound right though. I'm glad I caught her name so hopefully they'll honor it.

If its not, I suppose I only lost $10 that I would have saved by getting it from Quiet RC flight.

If it seems too good to be true...
Feb 25, 2008, 02:56 PM
All electric, all the time!
Their price does not include the motor, but if you can get it out of them, go for it!

Chris

Quiet RC Flying
www.quietrcflying.com
Feb 25, 2008, 03:30 PM
This is a cool plane but I cant spare the 70 bucks! (im only 14 so I dont have/get tons of money!!) Has anyone tried to scratch build this plane?
Feb 25, 2008, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot glue
This is a cool plane but I cant spare the 70 bucks! (im only 14 so I dont have/get tons of money!!) Has anyone tried to scratch build this plane?
Both wings are airfoiled, so you might have a tough time trying to scratch build one. You can look in the Foamies - Scratch Built forum, and I am sure you will find plans for EPP planes.
Feb 25, 2008, 03:42 PM
Alright. I want something easy. Id like to get some like 1/4" EPP to build homemade fun stuff. IDK. Maybe some day!
Feb 26, 2008, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietRCFly
Their price does not include the motor, but if you can get it out of them, go for it!

Chris

Quiet RC Flying
www.quietrcflying.com

You're right.

I didn't feel right about this...I called again this morning and spoke with another person there who was also very professional and helpful. He confirmed what we all suspected and that this did not include the motor.

The plane's list of "features" are actually "recomenadtions."

I suspect that the folks I spoke with were not native English speakers and that might explain the confusion with my questions and error in the description. They were extremely nice though.
Feb 26, 2008, 11:19 AM
Got one this last weekend and by the look of it I wont be dissappointed. The only thing that looks weird to me is using string as a wing spar?! But from what I see it works really well.
Feb 26, 2008, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarf007
Got one this last weekend and by the look of it I wont be dissappointed. The only thing that looks weird to me is using string as a wing spar?! But from what I see it works really well.
Yes, I was a little skeptical of the string spar too. I put it in the top wing, and it did not look like it helped the flex of the wing much, so I did not put a spar in either wing. Since it is an EPP bipe you can get away with no spar!