This thread is privately moderated by sonicjet, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 28, 2008, 08:30 PM
heh, i'd say "full 2-channel" to mean "fullY PROPORTIONAL 2-channel" (as opposed to bang-bang)

but that wouldn't apply to the NanoHawk/Palm-Z
to remove ads between posts
Feb 28, 2008, 08:38 PM
GIMMIE FOAM!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandfather ra
heh, i'd say "full 2-channel" to mean "fullY PROPORTIONAL 2-channel" (as opposed to bang-bang)

but that wouldn't apply to the NanoHawk/Palm-Z

Don't mind TIC he's cool...plus he spends alot of money on my freinds kick but Lipos.

Acctually I am suprised to see him post here

LOLOLOL....so are you building your plane for Kansas MIFF yet?

Oh dangit...what plane should I get for MIFF, JetScream or X-Twin jet LOL
Last edited by AirNerd; Feb 28, 2008 at 09:38 PM. Reason: to get the thread back on topic.
Feb 29, 2008, 10:05 AM

Which one(s) ?

1) Fixed pitch 4-channel -or- collective pitch -or- belt CP heli ... which is best for a first single rotor ?
(already have an Esky Lama)

2) on a lighter note ... XPV Mini RAD -or- AirRage MicroFighter ?

thank you for your time
happy friday !
Feb 29, 2008, 11:12 AM
tic
tic
thunderscreech
Tanic packs?.. only the best!
Feb 29, 2008, 03:41 PM
It works, don't touch it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StatsCanada
1) Fixed pitch 4-channel -or- collective pitch -or- belt CP heli ... which is best for a first single rotor ?

thank you for your time
happy friday !
What ever you do, do not buy the xpv mini rad. It is extremely uncontrollable. Unless if you but 2 of them a have RAD wars with them clashing into each other.
Feb 29, 2008, 09:52 PM
Have fun
Quote:

thank you for your time
happy friday !
the air rage micro fighter is th ebest micro fighter i have ever owned, make sure you get a 49 mhz, on the top left of the box, if will show the frequency, get the 49 mhz, vastly superior, this thing is fast, and i mean super fast, extrmely manueverable, split-s's are a cinch, horizontal barrel rolls are possible with some practice, and downward spins, not to mention its a scale F-22 and has removable landing you can use in other planes, it is such a treat, i maidened my tail heavy jetscream today and the performance of the F-22 was just overwhelming.
Mar 01, 2008, 12:01 AM
GIMMIE FOAM!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tic
Tanic packs?.. only the best!
We need to see if we can get some micro packs
Mar 03, 2008, 02:41 PM

re: horizontal barrel rolls

AirRage Sold !! by airpower

The plus is that it looks about a million times better than a killer robot with co-co blades. <<< oh wait .. that's just co .. me bad
Mar 03, 2008, 09:40 PM
Have fun
good choice, i had a awesome experience with this plane yesterday that i will post later, you can do a 20 minute flight with this thing since you can pretty much fly on the lowest throttle the entire time, split s's, tight turns, spins, super fast climbing, great looks, landing gear you can use in other planes, and no throttle steering make this my favorite micro RTF, doing H. barrel rolls is very hard, and i mean hard, i can only do them about 1 out of 3 tries, what you have to do is be at a nice altitude at a nice speed, cut the throttle while simultaneously turning, turn it at no throttle just for a nano second just enough to get the roll started, then put it back on low throttle and it should end in a crisp barrel roll slightly nose down, very hard though.
Mar 04, 2008, 09:53 AM
airpower, thanks ..so this thing is fully proportional then !!
also, one more quick Q... i saw two types, one with the props on the 2 back verticals and one with the props on the horizontals.. which is better you think ?
Mar 04, 2008, 11:22 AM
Alright, i got the microfighter .. says interactive toy on it thought ?? hmmm.. it's the one with props on the horizontals.

Still bang-bang but the no-throttle steering is awesome, looks like it has a chance to ROG with some neat landing gear. Also, this one is tiny.. my smallest rtf for sure.
Mar 04, 2008, 12:31 PM
ITC made the Radio Shack version, too
Mar 04, 2008, 01:10 PM
I think I'm pretty much sold on the Micro Fighter too, although I'm still having trouble sourcing a guaranteed 49mhz in the UK (that and its only just been realeased here ). Play.com have no idea what bands they have, another few sites say 27mhz only and another couple dont seem to have a very spoken for track record for service according to google shopping.

So just to clarify what I have read so far about the bands, the 27Mhz has shorter range, is closer to other radio frequencies that could cause interferance (CB, taxis etc) and is more susceptible to interferance from its own motors and also suffers from more QC issues such as failures in other componants. This is the general consensus, correct?

Has anyone had any positive experiances with the 27mhz band?

As it seems to be taking so long to track one down I'm thinking of getting an X-twin Rolling fury/Air Acrobat to fly besides my Classic Trainer/PowerHawk. I got the Trainer last week and now I'm hooked
Mar 04, 2008, 02:05 PM
Quote:
also, one more quick Q... i saw two types, one with the props on the 2 back verticals and one with the props on the horizontals.. which is better you think ?
VERTICAL!!!

where did you see it?
Mar 04, 2008, 02:10 PM
Unless I am mistaken (and I really wish I were in this case) he may be referring either to the early photos used in some ads, showing the original version, or to my videos and posted photos of the original prototypes. Please prove me wrong....!

Quick Reply