Dec 25, 2010, 10:25 AM
Vertical Unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaprap
The kit arrives with a cheap 11X6 prop, which I suppose EVERYONE replaced with a better one, so why did y'all choose a set up for 11X6 prop?
Why not a 12" or 10" ?
I used an 11x8 to get my target 300W from the motor I chose. That's not an 11x6. I get unlimited vertical climbs with good speed at this power level.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 26, 2010, 06:32 PM
Ok, I understand, thanks for the tips "Straight Up".
Could someone post the settings you use, or the weight needed to hit the CG, so I can get an idea of what battery I'll use.
Last edited by serginho_la; Dec 26, 2010 at 06:43 PM.
Dec 27, 2010, 02:25 AM
Vertical Unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by serginho_la
Ok, I understand, thanks for the tips "Straight Up".
Could someone post the settings you use, or the weight needed to hit the CG, so I can get an idea of what battery I'll use.
I use a KD A20-22L outrunner, Turnigy Plush 40A ESC, ARCED D591 digital servos on the V-tail, Rhino 1050mAh 3S Lipo. RTF weight is 690g. ESC is mounted immediately behind the motor, with the battery immediately behind the ESC. The receiver (Futaba R617FS 2.4GHz) is mounted under the front of the wing, while the V-tail servos are in-line under the wing (rotated to 45º from vertical to clear the wing). I don't use any lead, and the CG is perfect for me. I balance it just behind the wing joiner.
Dec 28, 2010, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Up
I use a KD A20-22L outrunner, Turnigy Plush 40A ESC, ARCED D591 digital servos on the V-tail, Rhino 1050mAh 3S Lipo. RTF weight is 690g. ESC is mounted immediately behind the motor, with the battery immediately behind the ESC. The receiver (Futaba R617FS 2.4GHz) is mounted under the front of the wing, while the V-tail servos are in-line under the wing (rotated to 45º from vertical to clear the wing). I don't use any lead, and the CG is perfect for me. I balance it just behind the wing joiner.
What is the flight time with this setup?
Dec 28, 2010, 07:26 PM
I bought the Passer-X $65 few years back and pritty much built the same. From China 10-20 motor for $12, two mini servos angled in back to fit bigger LiPo and four more mini in the wing. It's a super hot or glider responding qiuckly. Two suggestions add color to one side of the wing and with JR 11-X added flaporons, sweet. Dose a roll lika it's on rails. Oh yah, don't forget small ply for wing screws and tape top and bottom, good luck!
Dec 28, 2010, 07:37 PM
By the way has anyone experienced flying The Super Glider with wings swept forward $99 almost looks like the Discus at 101 wing span? Also has wing-lets,I made new ones and it still won't fly, any help?
Dec 29, 2010, 01:33 PM
slopescream
My Passer arrived today. Pics will follow.
Dec 29, 2010, 01:58 PM
youtu.be/-BG4w4XMBeE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisaneli
great and congrats!
mine was send from HK on 10/12 and still qute..really strange (
Dec 30, 2010, 02:08 AM
the answer 42 is
Thread OP
Good more and more Passers on the air,

@ Andrew, send them an email normally herman answers within 24 hours, just be a bit pushy and they will speed up things for you.

EZ
Dec 30, 2010, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisaneli
That's good news, Pisaneli. How long did it take to get there? I got mine in about 6 days, all in good shape. I haven't started it yet but I'm very plaesed with the general quality. I got R2hobbies recommended motor Eurgle D2830 800KV with mine. They claim 320W but that seems a bit optimistic for its' fairly modest size. Has anyone else used this motor and if so any comments?

Thanks,
GW
Dec 31, 2010, 02:20 AM
the answer 42 is
Thread OP
well the first I had was supper powerfull, but the second nt so much, you know with this motors and HK is hit or miss but anyway they are good enough for a sport flyer

EZ
Dec 31, 2010, 08:41 AM
Vertical Unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyst
What is the flight time with this setup?
Motor run time is about 2 mins 30 seconds. However, with so much power on tap I once flew it for 1hr 6 mins this way. Flying for 30+ minutes is no problem at all.
Dec 31, 2010, 09:49 AM
the answer 42 is
Thread OP
Yeap agreead with 3 minutes motor one can easily make one hour flight

EZ
Last edited by Edwinzea; Dec 31, 2010 at 09:56 AM.
Dec 31, 2010, 05:55 PM
slopescream
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywing
That's good news, Pisaneli. How long did it take to get there? I got mine in about 6 days, all in good shape. I haven't started it yet but I'm very plaesed with the general quality.
Hi Greywing!

I received mine after 14 days. It was send from HK on the 15th and I received it on the 29th. It came so late because of the customs. It was held there for 5 days.
It came in good shape. The plane was double packed. Yes, the quality is very good, no bubbles on the covering, nice fuselage and good balsa.
I haven't received the instruction manual. Is that the same with the rest of you guys?

Looking forward to start building my Passer.

Last edited by Pisaneli; Dec 31, 2010 at 07:48 PM.
Dec 31, 2010, 06:15 PM
I got an instruction manual on their (R2Hobbies) website. It's not very good, but it's something. Pictures look like they were taken with a phone and not much detail but the assembly is mostly pretty obvious anyway. I see you got a red one. I thought from the discussions in the other thread they might have been out of those. Looks nice.

Quick Reply