Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Old Dec 03, 2010, 09:18 PM
Find More Posts by Dr. |2udie
Certainly does. The spinner and hub I received were a bit dodgey. The hub seems to be suited to a 3.3mm shaft, where the recommended Eurgle motor is 3mm. Spinner is alright; just plain white. The 11x6 folding blades need some balancing though...
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2010, 06:10 AM
Find More Posts by AndrewID
youtu.be/-BG4w4XMBeE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonx View Post
Till XMAS - 50% off for registered users on r2hobbies !!!!
I ordered the green one + eargule 800kv 59g motor.

Does this kit comes with spinner ? with hub ?
Morning Sharon) how r u man?
just thinking to order it too )
but also looking for new HK 2.5m gliders - what you think?

ps. damn) ordered the red one)) welcome to the club !
Last edited by AndrewID; Dec 05, 2010 at 07:50 AM.
Old Dec 05, 2010, 11:40 AM
Find More Posts by Straight Up
Vertical Unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonx View Post
Till XMAS - 50% off for registered users on r2hobbies !!!!
I ordered the green one + eargule 800kv 59g motor.

Does this kit comes with spinner ? with hub ?
Congrats! This is a GREAT plane! Yes, it comes with spinner, hub and folding 11x6 prop.
Old Dec 06, 2010, 03:45 AM
Find More Posts by Edwinzea
the answer 42 is
Man that is an uneatable price, but I already have one :P, I hope you guys enjoy your Passers as much as I do.

Dont forget to put your pics and tricks

regards and good flights

EZ
Old Dec 06, 2010, 11:38 AM
Find More Posts by asterixx25
Hi guys...

Is a "clear" thermal glider or is a light hotliner ?
Old Dec 06, 2010, 12:02 PM
the answer 42 is
Is more a thermal, I think you can put a better power unit for extra kick but the wing need reinforcement then, otherwise you will have a rocket

EZ
Old Dec 07, 2010, 04:27 PM
Find More Posts by guyst
I just ordered the red one from R2hobbies.
It comes with 11x6 prop and spinner (I assume 3.17mm hub). If I keep the stock prop I need to go towards the 800kv which kind of limit the 28mm motors at HK. Any recommendations for a motor? Should I buy 10x6 prop or 9x6 prop and go with a higher kv?
Will the HXT900 work here?
What size of servo extensions are needed?

Thanks
Guy
Old Dec 07, 2010, 09:41 PM
Find More Posts by yaitsfast
Is everyone from California?
asterix... not a light hotliner. Don't let the wing shape fool you, this thing is built extremely light and I would not recommend any high G maneuvers. Although I have never broken mine, I haven't really tried either.
Old Dec 08, 2010, 03:48 AM
the answer 42 is
I use all stock, no problems, the 9g servos fit perfect every where, with a higher C rating battery you could use a bigger prop.

I use this motor on my Bolero 2.26m with a 10x6 prop it pulls it at 10m/s I think it will also fit on the passeer, and make sure to mount the prop forwards

http://www.r2hobbies.com/eng/proddet...od=rcps81518_p

Regards

EZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyst View Post
It comes with 11x6 prop and spinner (I assume 3.17mm hub). If I keep the stock prop I need to go towards the 800kv which kind of limit the 28mm motors at HK. Any recommendations for a motor? Should I buy 10x6 prop or 9x6 prop and go with a higher kv?

Thanks
Guy
Old Dec 09, 2010, 11:50 AM
Find More Posts by Straight Up
Vertical Unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyst View Post

Thanks
Guy
I use a KD-A22-20L from Hobby King, and 3S 1000mAh packs. I replaced the stock prop with an Aeronaut 11x8 folder. Power draw is 300W, which gives fast vertical climbs. Spectators always gasp the first time they see it zoom to height. I use HXT 500 servos in the wing, and ERC500 digitals for the tail (V-mixed so I get "pseudo rudder").

As for being light-weight, yes you need to fly it within its limits, but I still do loops, rolls and aerobatics. I also like doing knife-edge sharp turns at low altitude when in gliding mode. This is not a pure thermal soarer - I get a lot more performance than simply stooging around for lift.

If you need convincing, check this out:
Passer-X aerobatics.MOV (1 min 44 sec)
Old Dec 16, 2010, 07:22 AM
Find More Posts by AndrewID
youtu.be/-BG4w4XMBeE
Is there the first happy owners of the new 50% discounted birds?
Im ordered this motor and NanoLipo
Curious about what will be balanced for clear CG - where better to put the servos: under the wing or behind the engine ?
Old Dec 16, 2010, 09:29 AM
the answer 42 is
Hey Andrew I have my behind the engineand the ESC attahced to the canopy with velcro, plenity of room this way. but you have to play a bit with the equipement to figure out what works best for your plane

EZ
Old Dec 17, 2010, 06:05 PM
Find More Posts by Pisaneli
iSlope
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewID View Post
Is there the first happy owners of the new 50% discounted birds?
Im ordered this motor and NanoLipo
Curious about what will be balanced for clear CG - where better to put the servos: under the wing or behind the engine ?
Mine is coming in the coming week. I hope. Due to holiday season it will be crowdy at the post office so I am keeping my fingers crossed.
This is the motor I am thinking of buying, Turnigy2836 Brushless Outrunner 1000kv It is heavier for around 30g compared to KDA but much more powerfull. I am using it in my allrounder Mibo Dart. The Dart weights 1kg and goes almost vertical with full power on 11x6.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 08:21 AM
the answer 42 is
That is the motor you need

EZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisaneli View Post
Mine is coming in the coming week. I hope. Due to holiday season it will be crowdy at the post office so I am keeping my fingers crossed.
This is the motor I am thinking of buying, Turnigy2836 Brushless Outrunner 1000kv It is heavier for around 30g compared to KDA but much more powerfull. I am using it in my allrounder Mibo Dart. The Dart weights 1kg and goes almost vertical with full power on 11x6.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 01:14 AM
Find More Posts by ThomasLee
Site Sponsor
Last edited by ThomasLee; Dec 19, 2010 at 04:33 AM.