Jan 02, 2003, 07:01 PM
Thread OP

Esprit Supra 40

EZONERS

I am searching for some information regarding the Supra Electro 40 from Esprit models. I am trying to find an aerobatic "Extra" type airplane with a wingspan of around 55 inches. This will be my first brushless setup and I would like impress the "glow boys".
The "Supra Electra 40" seems to be just what I am looking for.

I have posted threads asking about the quality of Espirt models but don't seem to get much response. Is anyone flying that plane or any of their stuff and what experiences have you had?

Thanks,
Mike (nrthwing)
to remove ads between posts
Jan 02, 2003, 09:24 PM
100% electric since 1990
Mike,

Get this airplane. It is of very good quality (I've seen it in the box over at the Esprit models showroom [Z.B.'s place]). I don't think there is another "40-sized" electric arf that has this much quality for less than $200.

Esprit does not make models, but they seem to import good stuff
This plane is made by JnR models, a highly regarded company.
Check out:

Put your mouse over "catalog", and then on "aerobatic models" which pops up. You will see lots of cools stuff, including more info on the supra 40.
Jan 03, 2003, 09:33 AM
Thread OP

Re SUPRA

Thanks,

I'll give it a go!

Mike
Jan 03, 2003, 10:15 AM
2024 EDF Jet Jam, June 6-8

Esprit Models

I have dealt with ZB for many purchases and have always been pleased. I have just finished a Kabriolin at a 55" span.
Considering the Staudacher he has on the the site.
Regards,
Bob
Jan 03, 2003, 01:00 PM
Involuntary Beta Tester

Re: Esprit Models

Quote:
Originally posted by agustapower
I have dealt with ZB for many purchases and have always been pleased. I have just finished a Kabriolin at a 55" span.
Considering the Staudacher he has on the the site.
Regards,
Bob
Bob, are you still flying EDF?

Kelvin
Jan 03, 2003, 04:59 PM
2024 EDF Jet Jam, June 6-8

EDF

Hi Kelvin,
Yes I am still flying EDF. Building a Jepe A-4 and soon expect an all composite F-16 to replace the one that was lost at SEFF.
I just wanted a nice model to sport fly with guys. The grass conditions can limit the amount of flying you do with a belly flopper. So now I four 16 cell packs for my Kabriolin and can fly to my hearts content!!!!
Regards,
Bob
Jan 03, 2003, 05:23 PM

SUPRA 40E

Hi Mike - The Supra 40E is a nice flying plane. I have had one powered by a Mega 22/45/3E on 16 HV3000 NiMh. The very first flight went this way: I was doing a high speed taxi and could see the plane wanted to fly. Added full power and was off flying on the 1st taxi. One or two clicks of trim and was flying true. I purchased my plane from some one other than ZB. ZB is the greatest to deal with at Esprit. I talked to him this morning as he is on the way to Flordia (moving his business out of the snow country). I went thru two fuselages and still have the wings in good shape. As with any arf, check the quality of the wood. My first one had soft wood in the horzinal stab.
Jan 04, 2003, 09:48 AM
aka neweflyer

esprit

They were very easy to deal with. I just did the staudacher It was a very nice kit that went together quickly. its flying on a geared mega 22-30-3 on 12 cells. It will hover but doesn't quite pull out cleanly. I'm going to try a pack of the 1700's and see if the 1/2 pound in weight does the trick.
grant
Jan 04, 2003, 12:11 PM
sal
sal
The Supra 40 was originally kitted by another company called triffid Models that sold many of their models to JR. The quality was excellent when they were making the models. I am sure that JR will carry on that tradition.
Jan 04, 2003, 07:07 PM
Thread OP

RE : ESPRIT 40E

Thanks to all my ezone friends. I went to the well and got the answers I needed.

Thanks Again!
Mike
Jan 04, 2003, 10:13 PM
100% electric since 1990
I just ordered one myself, as I have a 45-3 laying around from my lost Tigra.

As an aside, I live in Mass., and when I ordered from Z.B. on 1/03/03, I told Z.B. that he is missing yet another major new england snowstorm.

2 feet! yes!

Tyler

Quick Reply