Feb 23, 2008, 11:57 AM
ProBro Wulf
Thread OP
Discussion

Torque 2830/1095 In flight test

This is my first in flight graphing using the Eagletree v3 logger. The power system is installed in a Precision Aerobatics Addiction. http://www.precisionaerobatics.com/p...px?prodID=1180

I secured the temp probe inside the motor against the windings and the alt probe was placed in a tiny plastic bag with a few small holes punched in the bag to prevent the cooling airflow from intefering with the sensors accuracy as stated in the alt sensors instructions. It needs to be out of the airflow. I was suprised as to the smoothness in the alt graph. The new 6.29 Beta corrected the alt spikes nicely.

Wingspan=39.5 inches
AUW= 26Oz with a TP 2100 Prolite battery and APC 11x4.7 SF prop.
CC Thunderbird 36 ESC
Field Elevation =1625 Mtrs.
Ambient temp= 14C

The plane has an excellent design for maximum cooling airflow as indicated by the low running temps and photographs.

I aslo included the same graph as a JPG. file format to display the blurry quality if the chart is exported from the Eagle Tree Software for uploading purposes. Exporting as a BMP file then converting it to a PNG file in a drawing program such as I have Paintshop Pro results in a much clearer graph.

Its is evident that inflight results are greatly different than static tests probably because of unloading of the propellor in flight. At the 180 second mark in level flight with 8370 RPM the thurst comes out to about 62 oz. No way to get that on a static run. Thats way over a power to weight ratio of 2 to 1. I will say that the plane is like a rocket with this setup I've thrown the canopy off a few times doing full speed level flight snap rolls and the canopy set up on this plane is very good. Its not a speed ship but for its thick airfoil and being a 3D plane its pretty fast. This plane is an absolute blast to fly, it tumbles over itself and hovers and harriers effortlessly with no wing rock.

I'l let the experts here comment or explain on the test results or what i need to change in the testing method I used.

I do notice though that the RPM seems to lag the altitude readings in the graph by about 15 seconds. The only thing that I can think of is that the altemeter sensor is reacting and sending info to the logger at a much slower rate than the rpm sensor. I'l try it without putting the altimeter sensor in theplastic bag.

I hand launched the plane at full throttle into a vertical climb to about 85 Meters or 278 feet. The next full throttle vertical climb was at 65 seconds to about 165 meters or 541 ft. Temps were nice and cool during these vertical wot climbs.

I hope to post more data as time and weather permits and then change the power system to PA's Thrust 20 motor for comparisson.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply