Clarification and Annoucement - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by FLYPARTY, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 22, 2008, 10:40 AM
Discussion

Clarification and Annoucement

I am the original EPP Eagle creator. First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for your support and continuous feedback on this product which have motivated and encouraged me in the past.

I recently found that there is pirated version of the EPP Eagle with various painting patterns in the market. The EPP Eagle that I manufacture has the main wings made of the high density of 30X expansion EPP material versus the lesser density of 45X expansion EPP material (too foamy, which is much weaker and more fragile) used in the main wings of the pirated Eagle.

The most noticeable difference is the airfoil of the main wings. I have included 2 photos to show the difference. If you watch the cross-section of the airfoil carefully, you will notice our main wing has 12~13 beads (high density) while prirated eagle has only 6~7 beads (low density). That is about $10 USD difference in cost (of course, in quality too).

While I am leaving the choice to the customers on where to buy the product if they are interested, I urge your help in preventing the growth of this kind of pirated act and hebavior by sharing this information with your friends, family, club members, and any other RC groups that has the EPP Eagle discussions.

eFlyPower is no longer my distributor and I have requested them to remove the photos and videos from their website to protect the consumer's right and my invention. The only product that I manufacture at this point is the EPP Eagle kits/ARFs, listed on eBay http://stores.ebay.com/EPP-EAGLE and http://www.freewebs.com/eppeagle/. We have also registered a trademark for the EPP Eagle--THE RC RAPTOR.

Thank you very much.
FlyParty
Last edited by FLYPARTY; Feb 23, 2008 at 10:32 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 23, 2008, 05:20 AM
NaN
Oh dear. A lot of people will have bought them from eflypower recently, not realising they were a poor quality copy.

The fact that he is still using your images of the real thing to sell the ripped off version is particularly unfair.

How do you feel about the smaller planes that are clearly based on your design? Perhaps they are exactly the same plans, but reduced in size?

The manufacturer of those smaller versions is now listing a full sized EPP Eagle among his products. I hadn't noticed that before:

http://www.eaero.info/product/list.asp?fatherid=14

Presumably, that is the company that's supplying eflypower with the fake EPP Eagle?

Is that beads per centimeter? I can't really work it out from the photo. Is it possible to identify the authentic product by weighing the wing panels?
Feb 23, 2008, 10:01 AM
As the guy who started the big EPP Eagle thread I am really disappointed to hear this as I was planning on ordering a couple more from eFlypower. Their shipping and pricing was great (I have an early non-pirated model).

It looks from the photos that the wing cross-section is different as well - less hollow/void space in the pirated version.

Anyway, like the old saying goes: "No good deed goes unpunished". Sorry to hear about the piracy of such a wonderful aircraft.
Feb 23, 2008, 11:08 AM
Neither the EPP mini Eagle nor the EPP Chicken is mine.The design of the smaller planes is based on my design of the EPP Eagle and just proportionally reduced in size. I am looking forward to hearing their flying performance becasue I had tried to create and test the mini version of the EPP Eagle as well.

I am not sure if the manufacturer http://www.eaero.info/product/list.asp?fatherid=14 is the supplier of eFlyPower, but both sites are selling the same pirated EPP Eagle.

We have contacted eFlyPower to remove the photos and videos from their website in 3 days, but a week has passed, and they are still there.

I have attached more photos in showing the differences between the main wings and the low/high density of the material.

The purpose of this statement is not intended to start a dispute, but to inform the customers on knowing what they are purchasing. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this might have caused.

IPFlyer, thank you for starting this thread so many people around the world is flying the aircraft that I have designed. I am eternally grateful to you since there is no better accomplishment than seeing my invention and design is well accepted throughout the world.
Feb 23, 2008, 12:51 PM
NaN
Thanks for the photos. I'm glad to see that the kit I bought a while ago is the genuine article.

The people profiting from making kits based on your design should be paying you a percentage. I certainly wouldn't buy from eflypower again, and I'll be withdrawing my request for my favourite shop to stock the EPP Mini Eagle.

When I contacted Hsu through that site recently (eaero.rc@gmail.com) to ask about buying a Mini Eagle kit, he assumed I was a distributor looking to sell his products. His company is the manufacturer of the EPP Mini Eagle, and the EPP Mini Chicken, so I strongly suspect they're also the manufacturer of the poor quality copy of your original EPP Eagle design too. They don't aim to sell directly to the public through that website, so I think it's safe to conclude that everything shown is a kit they manufacture themselves.

I hope you'll develop your own Mini Eagle design (Mini RC Raptor?) and I look forward to being able to buy one. It seems that simply scaling down your plans doesn't quite work properly anyway - scaling down plans by that much rarely does.
Feb 26, 2008, 11:23 PM

statement response to FLYPARTY re EPP Eagle

First of all, I would like to say EPP Eagle indeed is a great plane and fun to fly.

That's why we contacted FLYPARTY around June 2007 and agreed to translate his Chinese manual of Eagle and Pitts kit to English version and to promote his Eagle and Pitts as much as we can. And because it is such great plane and through our promotion and our customers' great feedback on RC Groups, EPP eagle has become well known very quickly.

This is when other distributors become interested to sell this plane. Eflypower had been asked to raise the selling price so other FLYPARTY's other distributor can earn more profit. And FLYPARTY first increased the supply price to us and then stopped supplying to us at all as we do not wish to get into Price war.

As for so called pirated version of Eagle kit claimed by FLYPARTY, the truth is, the Eagle was developed by a team of enthusiasts not solely owned. We have contacted one of the developers and he agrees to supply EflyPower with improved version of EPP Eagle and other designs. And yes, its up to customers to decide where to buy and support their favourite suppliers.

We just wish to clarify that our Eagle kit and amount other products are all legally acquired . As we stated since 2004, though we have a commerical website, our intention is to promote R/C fly to be as easily accessible and affordable as possible. We also encourage every pilot to share your experience and knowledge to make R/C fly an enjoyable and fun leisure. Even though there were some vicious asperse towards Eflypower due to business compeition over the years, we still believe and will continue to provide best competitive prices and services to all of you.

We regret that this partnership no longer work out with FLYPARTY. We do hope to see him sucessfully develop more great designs soon.
Feb 27, 2008, 11:37 AM
I'd like to restate the fact that the EPP Eagle is independently designed/developed/manufactured by myself and myself only. There is no such as team work in any aspects of the EPP Eagle, and that's it.

I posted the first version of the EPP Eagle on my personal website http://163.17.202.6/~rocket/ on 2006/01/01.My personal websit contains all my inventions, designs and my teaching material to my students in the school.

After fully tested, I posted the matured design of the EPP Eagle in my RC Group Blog https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=505508 on 2006/04/15.

For any other untrue statements and claims of others, I will not make any further comments or response. I will leave it to the audience on making the judgement themselves.
Nov 12, 2013, 06:00 PM

BP Hobby

I just came across this thread. I am wondering if I got some pirated eagles. I bought 3 of them from BP Hobby. http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id...5&pid=C2700124 Are these ones you made or someone else?