Jan 01, 2003, 08:12 PM

Electric Helicopter Beginner's Guide

I've decided to post my Beginner's Guide because there seem to be a lot of Christmas helis being delivered.

This is version 0.3 - it's incomplete, but there's still lots of information in it.

I'll post new versions as I update it - please post any feedback.

There's a section in it about selecting your first helicopter, and it currently includes building tips for:

Piccolo FP
Piccolo CP
LMH Corona
ECO 8

Toshi
Last edited by TMorita; Jan 02, 2003 at 04:37 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 02, 2003, 01:29 AM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
Thanks Toshi
Jan 02, 2003, 02:01 AM
Helicopter Perfectionist
Was it supposed to be in a notepad? Little overwhelming! Pasted it into Word, a lot better. "If you connect the heli battery without the transmitter on, it may go to full throttle which may injure or kill you." - Hehe, nicely said.

Good idea Toshi,
Jordan
Jan 02, 2003, 05:54 AM
Gentleman, scholar and acrobat
Toshi,

Very nice Ė I know how much effort this sort of thing takes. I donít normally worry about obvious typos but in the context of a tyro reading this you might want to change ď7. R/C helicopter Rules a.Ē to say switch on the Transmitter first.

Also, Iím a bit nervous about telling people to crouch down and sight the main blade tracking. Yes, I know we all do this, but I would still be nervous about recommending the practice to a newbie. As you rightly emphasise elsewhere, these are dangerous toys. You may think Iím daft, but I now use a mirror placed on the same level as the heli and angled up. This way I can clearly see the tips but I donít have my head anywhere near the plane of rotation.

Again thanks for doing this.
Jan 02, 2003, 08:55 AM
Wow, that was great. Thanks alot Toshi! GReat timing too, my new Corona 120 and parts comes today

cant wait!
Jan 02, 2003, 12:32 PM
Craving My First Hover
That was very helpful. Copying to Word makes it a lot easier to read too.

Thanks for sharing.
Jan 02, 2003, 04:12 PM
Hooked Heli Human
Since I am a newbie here.. and basically can't give any help or information on heli's.. I had some freetime today so I took the beginners guide text that Toshi made and formatted it in HTML so I *and everyone else* could easily read.. it makes it easier to pickup where you left off from a previous read...

i hope that is ok.. i am not exactly sure it is correct the way i have it.. some of the numbers were different and other stuff but hopefully its pretty close to the original.. I did some spell checking and corrected some..

Special thanks to Toshi for the Beginners Guide.. let me know if there is something i should fix.. or if you dont like the HTML i can del it..

I am in the process of getting as much information as I can about the LMH Corona 120 because hopefully if everything works out I will be purchasing a kit in Feb.. so all this information is very useful.

Let me know..

Dave
Last edited by gmaster; Jan 02, 2003 at 04:15 PM.
Jan 02, 2003, 04:26 PM
Thanks gmaster!

I wrote it as a text file and not as a Word document so non-Windows people can read it...

Thanks for all the feedback.

Toshi
Jan 02, 2003, 05:32 PM
Hooked Heli Human
Quote:
Originally posted by TMorita
Thanks gmaster!

I wrote it as a text file and not as a Word document so non-Windows people can read it...

Thanks for all the feedback.

Toshi
Toshi... thank you for the awesome information..

Dave
Jan 03, 2003, 10:52 PM

Very Nice

Very Nice document and as one of the non-windows users thanks for not doing a word doc.
Jan 14, 2003, 02:26 PM
A lot of good stuff there. Thanks for a job well done. I'm looking forward to the finished product!
Art
Jan 17, 2003, 04:14 AM

helifaq 0.4

I updated/reorganized the heli setup section to reduce the number of steps and also added the missing setup steps.

It's in a Linux text file again, so Windows users may need to paste it into a Word document.

Toshi
Jan 17, 2003, 04:15 AM
Oops - sorry. That last one isn't the latest. This one is.

Toshi
Jan 25, 2003, 08:36 PM
Hi Toshi,

Thanks for your info, I'm new to heli, after I've read your useful info, I decide to do some thing, here is the html version of your Version 4

Cyberfly

Jan 29, 2003, 01:09 AM
Thanks cyberfly!

Toshi