Feb 18, 2008, 10:06 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

DW Foamies Gen-X 38" and 55" BAF

Hello...Dad said I should post pictures here for my two new DW Foamies planes....Gen-X 38" and Gen-X 55" BAF. My dad helped me build the planes and my mom helped paint the planes. Also my dad steals the
planes while I am not looking. I did all the flying except the water photos. If I flew through the water Dad would be mad at me.

The Gen-x 38''
Weighs 15oz
Servoes:hs-45s
Motor: Tower Pro BL-2217/9
Prop: APC 9x6 SF
Battery: 3S-1320

Gen-x 55'' BAF
Weighs 44oz.
Servoes: hs-125
Motor: Scorpion 3020-12
Prop: APC 13x6.5 TE
Battery: 3S-3200
Last edited by Alex Carlton; Feb 18, 2008 at 10:27 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 18, 2008, 10:19 PM
Thread OP
here are the comparison between the Gen-Xs
Feb 18, 2008, 10:26 PM
Thread OP
here are some photos of the big Gen-X55'' BAF
Feb 19, 2008, 11:42 AM
ARF Addict
Very cool Alex. You and your parents should be proud. My son Zack and I have the BAF Yak and it's one of our favorite airplanes.

Danny
Feb 20, 2008, 12:09 AM
Thread OP
Mr. Danny,
Are you and your son coming to San Diego Fun-fly in May?
Feb 20, 2008, 09:39 AM
ARF Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Carlton
Mr. Danny,
Are you and your son coming to San Diego Fun-fly in May?

San Diego is a bit far for us. Have fun and post some pics of the event.

Danny
Feb 20, 2008, 08:09 PM
Fully Sending It
Umm, yeah, Florida SEEMS a bit far. I however, live only like 15 miles from the San Diego Silent Electric Fliers, so I will be there.

Mike Morgan is the DW Foamies company owner, and he is like 1/2 mile from the SDSEF field. He will be selling ALL of his planes out there. Bring both of your planes out, Mike will like them. You can send pictures of both to him at: [email protected]

Nothing else to be seen here, the words below this are false
Last edited by Xpress..; Feb 21, 2008 at 09:27 AM.
Feb 20, 2008, 09:08 PM
Thread OP
Dad and mom have ben playing with the video camera and iMovie. Here is our BAF video.

DW Foamies Gen-X BAF RC Plane (2 min 6 sec)
Feb 20, 2008, 10:26 PM
Fully Sending It
Nice music choice: Hoobastank Same Direction. Mmmmmm, BAF hovering. Doesn't seem like you can do a whole lot. Is that you hovering it into the water?
Feb 20, 2008, 11:45 PM
Thread OP
Xpress,

I have been working on a waterfall and knife edge spin, but they are still ugly. Dad stole my plane and flew it in the water. Another guy at the club got the photo.
Feb 21, 2008, 09:25 AM
Fully Sending It
Knife edge spin? Do you mean flatspin? Or knife edge loop?
Feb 21, 2008, 09:53 AM
O.N.E.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress..
Doesn't seem like you can do a whole lot.
Nice encouraging words.................................. That was some great flying buddy,keep it up.Olin
Feb 21, 2008, 05:10 PM
USAF Retired
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress..
Nice music choice: Hoobastank Same Direction. Mmmmmm, BAF hovering. Doesn't seem like you can do a whole lot. Is that you hovering it into the water?
Very UNCOOL Xpress! Didn't your mother teach that if you didn't have anything nice to say to not say anything?? Unbelievable! He's just a kid and he is doing AWESOME! I wish I could have started flying at his age! Keep up the great work kiddo! Don't let the thoughtless discourage you!

Troy
Feb 21, 2008, 08:19 PM
A knife edge spin (or what every you want to call it) is where the Aircraft is in a continuously stalled condition, oriented on its side, like a knife, and the aircraft is continuously pitching negatively (or positively)...

So the aircraft is on its side...doing forward flips as it descends in a stalled condition. Its really cool to watch it. Jordan "Woody" King was showing this at last year's MWE. (Thats where I first saw it. I Know he didn't invent it).
Feb 21, 2008, 08:19 PM
Fully Sending It
Yes, he is doing much in the video, and I give him two thumbs up for it. I really didn't know what I was saying in that post. He is really using his plane in an advanced manner. Sorry about that saying.

I would love to see these planes fly at the SEFSD mid winter electrics event. They look sooooooooo awesome. What method of decoration did you use? Spray paint, airbrushing, hand brushing

Quick Reply