Cermark Victor - Page 11 - RC Groups
Apr 03, 2008, 10:45 PM
Just got a couple good flights in. This plane is great. It really hates high speed loops; but gentle lazy loops are terrific. I was at the field late, so no thermaling; but great flying. Again, everyone at the field on the electric side came to look at it upon landing. Stunning looking aircraft!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 05, 2008, 07:44 AM

My Completed Victor & the FIRST Maiden Flight Video in this Build Log

Hello all,

I finally finished my Victor. I've attached a couple of photos and the maiden flight video...

The first one is a photo of the tail section with two 7gram lead weights (14g) sumo-glued per recommendation in this thread - I like to thank everyone for this tip. It worked out pretty well as to I didn't have to drill a hole into the aft end of the fuselage, so the extra weight can be inserted, or didn't have to attach the weight on the outside aft of the fuselage to add the needed extra weight to balance the plane. The second photo is obviously the completed Victor, very nice and clean design. I like the simplicity of it...

Here's the maiden flight video; I dragged my wife to film it. There was a few times the Victor can't be viewed since I was flying it high and she was having a hard time keeping up with the plane. It was also overcast, which made it difficult to see... I didn't do any crazy moves since this was the maiden flight... I need more stick time to get use to its flight characteristics before unleashing it. Well, enough of my babbling, watch the video...

Cermark Victor Maiden Flight (2 min 32 sec)
Last edited by LittleG; Apr 05, 2008 at 08:11 AM.
Apr 05, 2008, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleG
Hello all,

I finally finished my Victor. I've attached a couple of photos and the maiden flight video...

Can;t tell you how jealous I am of your field. Looks PERFECT! Flew mine a ton the laost 2 days. Had a tip stall on landing yesterday. Nothing serious, in fact about to go fly now!
Apr 05, 2008, 12:26 PM
Fantastic littleG: I like the stripes you added to the underside of the wing.

thanks for the video. Can't wait till fly mine tomorrow.
Apr 05, 2008, 01:36 PM
The frigin Catalina wine mixer

Victor cooling.

If any flyers out there concerned with overheating of motor,esc,lipo.
The hole that some of us put in the tail for adding weight is also beneficial for air to pass through.You can go a little further and dremel out the entire recessed area of the cooling holes by the nose.Actually Cermark recommended removing this area entirely,But only if you think you are running on the hot side..
Has anyone hooked up an Eagle Tree data logger to there Victor?
Apr 06, 2008, 04:56 PM

Tumeric Build

Flightmare: How's the Victor-clone (Tumeric) build going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightmare
OK guys,here we go..
Right off the bat,I see that it is not as complete as the Vic.You need to do the wing mounting.Drill the holes in the wing ,and the fuse,install the tee nuts.
The nice aluminum washers for the wing screws are not included.(la528it you are fine with all your spare parts)The covering is all perfect and tight.The biggest thing I did notice is the fuse is comprised of 2 halves,the seam on top and bottom that run the entire length of the fuse is very noticable.When you apply pressure to the fuse you can hear some very slight cracking from the seams.
The fuse also feels thin,there are some soft spots when applying pressure.
The fuse weighs 110 grams,so if someone has a blank Victor fuse weigh it and let us know.
The pushrod setup is identical.No spinner or prop included with this Tumeric.

I told Preston we were going for a walk,so he was patiently waiting for me to finish.He is an awesome dog..
Apr 06, 2008, 05:06 PM

Building tip on the Victor polyhedral wings

I notice the polyhedral wings on my Victor the angle is not the same... The right polyhedral wing section has a higher angle than the left side... This doesn't seem to affect the flight performance, but it aesthetically bothers me a tad bit .

For those building the Victor, make sure to check the angles of the wing before gluing the wing panels together, so you won't make the same mistake as I did...
Last edited by LittleG; Apr 06, 2008 at 05:12 PM.
Apr 06, 2008, 06:05 PM

Tumeric build

Quote:
Flightmare: How's the Victor-clone (Tumeric) build going?
The build is presently a no go at the moment.I have quite a few models on the "to do" list.
Apr 06, 2008, 09:02 PM
Another 3 flights. I'm starting to dial in some camber into the wing so I can get a little more lift when I'm chasing thermals.

After the flights, I noticed that the aileron control horns were a little loose. Just a few drops of CA.

Are any folks tearing around with the motor on "continuously" I'm just using it to pull the Victor up to altitude and then turn it off and glide.
Apr 09, 2008, 06:24 PM
thanks everyone here for the info !!!!!!!!!!!

planning on getting the victor the local hobby store is holding me up he is just starting
out ,fellow club member

how light can you make it?
i will read rest of thread later
Apr 09, 2008, 09:15 PM

Need help on how to keep the motor leads away from the spinning motor

Just lost my $50 motor ... One of the motor leads was cut after rubbing against the motor... I thought about soldering it, but the cut was at the base of the motor where the wires come out, so there's not much wire to solder to on the motor end... What is the best way to prevent the wires from rubbing against the motor?

LG
Apr 09, 2008, 09:28 PM

Motor replacement -Hyperion G2220-10 Motor & TITAN 50A ESC

I was thinking about this motor from allerc.com as the replacement, http://www.allerc.com/g22all.htm. It's the one for 1.4M Hotliners. It should fit nicely. What do you all think?
Apr 09, 2008, 11:05 PM
Quote:
I was thinking about this motor from allerc.com as the replacement, http://www.allerc.com/g22all.htm. It's the one for 1.4M Hotliners. It should fit nicely. What do you all think?
Looks pretty good. 1120 KV means a little more speed driving the 10x8.

re: motor wires and the outrunner. I secure the motor wires to the fuselage with servo tape. I also secure the ESC to the fuslage so there is no movement of the motor wires. I'll see if I can get a good pic posted.
Apr 10, 2008, 07:16 PM
they are going to stop the victor ??? say it is not so!!!

thanks for the info 11 pages and counting
Apr 10, 2008, 07:55 PM

say it aint so Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU4GOD2falcon
they are going to stop the victor ??? say it is not so!!!

thanks for the info 11 pages and counting
Cermark is discontinuing all there sailplanes.
There sailplanes were all excellent quality models,I dont know why they never gained popularity..The Breeze models have all been liquidated,there are less than 5 Victors,I have 2 held for me so I am thinking that they are almost gone..