old school Simitar Centron flying wing - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Feb 12, 2008, 11:53 PM
Video

old school Simitar Centron flying wing

Got to go to Farren in Santa Barbara and shot some video of my Scimitar wing. It was a wonderful afternoon with some awesome lift! You can see it climb out far from the edge. Here is a link to the thread:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=390
Last edited by madstick cliff; Feb 13, 2008 at 10:17 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 13, 2008, 01:03 AM
Closed Account
Looks like something out of star wars
Feb 13, 2008, 09:28 AM
That's why I liked this plane! The anhedral does make it look different. I built one as a foamy and suprisingly it flies very simular with power.
Feb 13, 2008, 12:14 PM

Cool sloper

So how does it fly?

Long ago I was going to build the Evans "Shooter". I started but never finished. I have done very little wet powered flying the last few years. I wonder if I could build it as a sloper. Why not? Maybe extend the nose a bit to help with the balance. Any reason why it wouldn't work?

Mike
Feb 13, 2008, 02:51 PM
foamhead
Is that a kit or scratch? Foam or balsa?
Feb 13, 2008, 09:42 PM
Slopecat- I would think it could slope, couldn't find a pic of one, maybe even e-power? Lengthening the nose may help. As I had to put about a pound of weight up front, because of going to lighter equipment than the eighties, including taking out the mechanical mixer.

Tentacle- They were kits made in the eighties and I believe they are still cutting wing cores for them. These are balsa with obechi covered stryofoam wings.Makes a very strong wing. Look up Bill Evans Simitar planes very interesting designs, all elavatorless.
I just found out that this one is called a Centron.

Cliff
Last edited by madstick cliff; Feb 13, 2008 at 10:16 PM.
Feb 29, 2008, 06:49 AM

go here to see them all

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=502443

tight turns,

claude
Feb 29, 2008, 08:14 PM
Claude,
Thanks for the link and looking at the video. I am interested in finding more to electrifly. This one would work as one, but I'll keep it a sloper, for sure.

Cliff