Feb 11, 2008, 09:24 PM
Stress Be Gone
Thread OP
Discussion

How come some 6 channel Rx's are flashable and some are not??

The one 6 channel Rx I bought turns out to be non-flashable, yet other people got 6 channel receivers that were. I thought all new product going out the door had the flashable "magic" chip? Why the mixture and are those who ended up without that ability going to be able to exchange the receivers for those that are flashable?
to remove ads between posts
Feb 11, 2008, 11:57 PM
Dick Corby
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBR2
The one 6 channel Rx I bought turns out to be non-flashable, yet other people got 6 channel receivers that were. I thought all new product going out the door had the flashable "magic" chip? Why the mixture and are those who ended up without that ability going to be able to exchange the receivers for those that are flashable?
I believe that it was said in the beginning that the 6 channel receivers would not be flashable. Only those above 6 Channel, and with certain upgrades will be flashable. Jim may correct me if I'm wrong, but that was in a thread early on when the 6 channels wer in the mill.
Feb 12, 2008, 12:04 AM
I need a nap
I thought it was 6ch will not have telemetry.
Feb 12, 2008, 02:10 AM
Stress Be Gone
Thread OP
Plus the first "batch" were all flashable. The 6 channel just would not support telemetry.
Feb 12, 2008, 12:18 PM
All units now being produced are flashable. We have exhausted our supply of non-flashable units now.
Feb 12, 2008, 02:18 PM
Stress Be Gone
Thread OP
Seems kind of unfair to give out some units that are flashable and others that are not especially when you claim that all the current 8 and 10 channel receivers have been flashable for months. So can those people who didn't get a flashable 6 do a no charge exchange for those that are?
Feb 12, 2008, 04:38 PM
How can I tell if my rx is flashable?
Feb 12, 2008, 06:42 PM
Fly Backwards
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxx
How can I tell if my rx is flashable?
Connect it to your XDP
Feb 12, 2008, 06:57 PM
Ok, so there isn't a certain serial number range or marking on the case? i don't have XDP yet.
Feb 12, 2008, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Seems kind of unfair to give out some units that are flashable and others that are not especially when you claim that all the current 8 and 10 channel receivers have been flashable for months. So can those people who didn't get a flashable 6 do a no charge exchange for those that are?
I would assume that with the fix in the hopping code to solve sudden saturation, all of us that have non-flashable units could send those in to be upgraded for free given the importance of this issue.

-tychoc
Feb 12, 2008, 07:40 PM
Stress Be Gone
Thread OP
While they could flash non-flashable (by the consumer) units, that still leaves the consumer with a non-flashable unit.
Feb 12, 2008, 07:59 PM
Quote:
While they could flash non-flashable (by the consumer) units, that still leaves the consumer with a non-flashable unit.
True, I was thinking they would upgrade them to make them flashable. Seems kind of important and feels wrong to have to pay for this just because you randomly got an old design.

-tyhcoc
Feb 12, 2008, 08:11 PM
Welcome to the "Early Adopters Club". I don;t think it is fair to expect an 08 unit when you bought an 07.
Feb 12, 2008, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPFlyer
Welcome to the "Early Adopters Club". I don;t think it is fair to expect an 08 unit when you bought an 07.
I can understand this not being applicable to my equipment bought in April 07, however, he got a new 6 ch receiver in 08.

-tychoc
Feb 13, 2008, 10:43 AM
Our products have never been advertised as being in-field upgradeable. There were never intended to have this feature. You will find no where in our product information that states our products are sold as in-field upgradeable. This is something that I decided to do because our competitors didn't have that capability. So, once the supply of older chips were depleted, we switched to the new style and we are still not advertising this feature.

Quick Reply