Jun 11, 2001, 10:18 PM
Flying slowly along..

Pics of my Shark toothed Pico Jet Combat

Tell me what you think....Too much? http://hometown.aol.com/delsolrob/picopage.html
to remove ads between posts
Jun 11, 2001, 10:31 PM
Pretty sharp. I like the teeth!
Jun 12, 2001, 08:08 AM
Tork it or Dork it
Looks great! It looks neat painted after a P-40!
Jun 12, 2001, 09:27 AM
Slowflyer:
Looks BAD! What type of paint did you use? How did you prep the airframe? Will regular spray paint in the cans work, I saw somewhere that a fellow had used auto primer,however many conflicting comments on that thread. I want to paint mine also.
Thanks
Jun 12, 2001, 09:45 AM
Registered Snoozer
It looks great -- the fin fits right in with the shark theme.

Neil
Jun 12, 2001, 10:01 AM
Looks great!!! Hope to see it in person in September at your big event over there. Or bring it to Modesto Reservoir in Mid July. Although we are emphasising World War I we will be having all types of electrics fly. Mike Heer
Jun 12, 2001, 10:05 AM
Sloping off....
Rob

That looks very smart indeed. A real Sharp-nosed Pico Predator

Nice one.

cheers

Brian
Jun 12, 2001, 10:51 AM
Super Senior Member
It looks terrible! Send it to me to avoid embarrasment, and I wont tell anyone where I got it
Jun 12, 2001, 01:24 PM
Speed Demon
Rob, that is a great idea putting the "Sharks Teeth" on that nose. That's the est PJ I've seen. I like the idea of the fin looking like a shark's fin. If it were me, I'd sand it to emphasize that quality! It's gonna scare off all the rodents out at <a href=http://www.jps.net/cobrajet/courtln/courtln1.html target=blank>Court Lane</a> though!
Jun 12, 2001, 07:55 PM
Flying slowly along..
Thanks for all the compliments guys I used Americana Acrylic craft paint $1.29 a bottle, applied with an airbrush. I then drew out the shark tooth pattern and cut it out of three layers of 2mm sign viynl that were scraps I got at work.

Be sure to sand your Pico well before painting, We'll see how the durability of it is. Now all I have to do is finish mounting the servoes and test fly it, if I can ever quit working on my 109.

It's prolly gonna freak some of the old timers out!!---Rob