Feb 21, 2008, 07:07 PM
Suspended Account
Pat,
what type of "cable" are you using for the elevator cable control unit?
to remove ads between posts
Feb 22, 2008, 07:38 AM
Thread OP
Sgt, I'm using 30 lb. test Spiderwire for all the rigging and control cable hook ups. I like the look of bare cable type kevlar line a bit better, but Spiderwire seams to be more stable over time.

PAT
Feb 22, 2008, 10:44 PM
Thread OP

Getting Down to the Details

Got the engine details worked up on Wednesday, and the graphics picked up on Thursday. Graphics are on, now it's down the final assembly and setting her up. Then the fun part -- the trim flights!!!

PAT
Feb 23, 2008, 12:54 PM
Timelord
Nice project, looking forward to seeing more.
Feb 23, 2008, 03:47 PM
Veni Vidi Volavi
Pat

Very Nice, I especially like the dummy OX-5. Any details on how you made that one up?

Also in the background of shots 2 and 5, what are those wings sitting up against the wall?

Brian Allen

Veni Vidi Volavi

I came I saw I flew
Feb 23, 2008, 03:56 PM
Thread OP
Brian, The dummy OX was made up from Jenny parts. It needed a small bit of modification to work eith the tapered front end here, but is otherwise straight from the stocl parts.

Those wings are from a 1/4 scale Stinson Voyager that need repaired after a cartwheel. If the rest of the airplane is built as heavy as the wings, the model probably weighs in the 25 lb. range. Definitely not what I'm used to working on, but fun to get back into the dope and fabric realm.

PAT
Feb 23, 2008, 04:06 PM
Veni Vidi Volavi
Pat

Thanks for the info, might want to do mine up as the OX-5 version, haven't decided yet.

Stinson Voyager huh? Kinda thought they had a Stinson look to them (wing slots a giveaway). Are they from the old Realistic Models kit?

Brian Allen

Veni Vidi Volavi

I came I saw I flew
Feb 23, 2008, 04:10 PM
Thread OP
Brian, For some reason I want to say that it's from Ikon Northwest.

PAT
Feb 23, 2008, 11:05 PM
Well Pat as usual beautiful work. Am waiting to see the videos of her maiden.
Regards; Lee
Feb 24, 2008, 08:18 AM
It flew once before...
Pat ,

How do you find anything in that workshop with everything all hung up neat like that

-John
Feb 24, 2008, 08:28 AM
Expat Canuck
I guess that OX hasn't been run yet—the insides of the exhaust are so clean!

Roly
Feb 24, 2008, 03:08 PM
Kansas is windy.
Looking great!

The weathering is nice, and it seems like that doesn't get a whole lot of attention in this forum. Any chance of more info on your techniques for this?

Phil
Feb 24, 2008, 03:24 PM
Kansas is windy.
Oops. Duplicate.
Feb 25, 2008, 10:35 PM
Thread OP
Phil, Not a bad idea doing a weathering forum in its own thread. Might be a good place to get some great tips from many who have done it, and a great place to pick up new techniques for those who haven't.

PAT
Feb 26, 2008, 11:40 PM
Thread OP
How do you find anything in that workshop with everything all hung up neat like that

John, That set up is really the best of both worlds. It's one of those deals where you don't have to be tripping over a lot of clutter, but the stuff is hung so close together that you can't find it anyway. See, the perfect set-up

PAT

Quick Reply