Yet more Twinjet pictures. - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 11, 2001, 11:48 PM

Yet more Twinjet pictures.

Figured I'd put up a pic of my Twinjet before it gets sold.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?...963&p=50154249

to remove ads between posts
Jun 11, 2001, 11:54 PM
Nice shot. Why are you selling it?
Jun 12, 2001, 12:02 AM
Why am I selling it?

After this weekend there definately weren't any glow converts at the field. The plane didn't have good performance. Tried speed 480's with 8 up to 10 cell 2400scr's and different props, still was very pokey.

Jun 12, 2001, 12:03 AM
I would be interested in your TJ. Email me when you get a chance.

Tripster@excite.ca
Jun 12, 2001, 12:06 AM
I went through your previous threads and it looks as if you had quite a time trying to get it to fly as you expect it should. I don't know it is an altitude problem or what.

One thing that nobody seemed to ask was what the weight is of your TJ. Have you put it on a scale?
Jun 12, 2001, 12:13 AM
Weight....

It seemed heavy...........I recall maybe 2.5 lbs on a scale or there abouts, with 10 cells.

This weekend when the plane flew, gave it a really good launch into the wind sank to within a foot of the ground but managed to fly it out.

Jun 12, 2001, 12:19 AM
Flyergirl, really like the colours you used on the plane. What kind of paint was it? BTW what kind of props have you tried?
Jun 12, 2001, 12:23 AM
Tripster,

Paint is Pactra acrylic in military colors. Whole airplane was spackeled with lightweight spackling then sanded. Stencils for the stars and panel lines with a thin permanent felt tip marker. Thin clear tape on leading edges, carbon fiber on balsa spar.

Jun 12, 2001, 12:26 AM
Nice. Sure beats packing tape! Never thought of using a marker. Did you airbrush the paint?
Jun 12, 2001, 12:31 AM
Tripster,

Yeah, forgot to add that it is airbrushed.

There is a local glow guy who wants to buy it tommorrow, if the deal doesn't go through I'll let you know.

Jun 12, 2001, 12:34 AM
Sounds good. I'm thinking about getting an airbrush. I have a dentist compressor that I bought off of a ....dentist. Hopefully it will work out alright. Might have to ask you for some tips.