Feb 03, 2008, 03:27 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Success, yes, sweet success.

Well after much fiddling about I finally broke GE and got my helicopter flying great.
Some of you may recognize me as having received a IMEX Coast guard heli for X Mas.
Took it really slow to start, and had to replace the swash plate after the little ball broke off, with a swash plate from a Blade CX2(only suitable part available form Great Hobbies here in Canada), it was a little bit smaller, just a hair, but it worked alright. Took a bit of MacGyevering(??) but I made it work.
After much messing around I got the swash leveled out, and the heli hovering almost hands off in my living room.
I am still grinning like a fool .
While I read some people opinions of the IMEX helis is junk, this has not been my experience at all. This thing is TUFF, so far I have cracked a couple of blades, the scotch tape trick works great to save blades, before I used it I lost two blades right away, since I have used the scotch tape trick,I havew yet too lose a blade.
The heli as some of you will know, is an exact copy of the Dynam Vortex heli, I mean IMO it is a Dynam Vortex, the motors say so, the 4 in 1 etc... this makes parts a bit cheaper than others.
So know I need to find some new blades, and I would like to try the Hardened blades, or more commonly reffered to as simply 'Harden Blades' I understand the only place to get these babies is from RC.Helicopters.com, so I sent them a message, as I don't have a credit card, no access to Pay Pal,asking if they would be able to work with me on a small order, but I assume they will not beable too, so anyone know of any other dealers for the Harden blades that will take a international money order ??
If not able to get the Harden blades, are the next best thing the Xtreme blades ?
Last question, is there a difference between the Extreme blades, and the Xtreme blades, if so what is/are they.
Thanks a lot,
-Grais.
PS: glad Frogger is no longer around, Id be getting butchered for the above 'total noob' post.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply