The Royal Australian Slopetrash - Page 975 - RC Groups
Oct 04, 2017, 10:09 PM
flying at SCMAC
glen flying the vampire in light conditions at the bluff

glen flying the Vampire at the bluff (2 min 49 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Oct 05, 2017, 02:25 AM
Blue Sky Mining
very nice
Oct 18, 2017, 12:33 AM
flying at SCMAC
Tapanappa slope fest 2018 shirts available now -
t-shirt, long and short sleeve polo's
http://slopeit.shirtstore.net.au/sho...888573&ctype=0
Oct 18, 2017, 03:59 AM
flying at SCMAC
thread for tapanappa slope fest https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...8#post38473012
Nov 04, 2017, 02:34 AM
flying at SCMAC
good day at Tapanappa slope today, andrew maidened the Stribog and i flew the Estrella, some video later
Nov 04, 2017, 05:37 AM
flying at SCMAC
andrew maiden of the stribog at tappa today
if your thinking about a tappa shirt best to order this month, the print shop shuts down mid december

Stribog maiden flight- tapanappa south australia (3 min 13 sec)
Feb 12, 2018, 04:30 AM
Blue Sky Mining
I just had a perfect evening flight in light fluky conditions at Hollowback with my Speedo sharing airspace with 3, 4 and for a short while 5 hawks. They continually swooped and chased me but none actually attacked even when I flew slowly and was surrounded by three at once within a few meters. It wasn't completely clear if they were trying to scare me away or play with me but they chased me through a lot of manoeuvres.
This is just one of the things I love about sloping.
Feb 13, 2018, 04:33 AM
Hi all. I am looking for some locations to slope. Just early days for me so donít need huge winds. I have an Alula trek and Ahi.

Have been flying for a long time and have several powered gliders however keen to give this a go.

Am located in the Seaford, Victoria area and would be keen to hear of any locations within an hour from here suitable for a beginner with reasonable landing zones.

Thanks,

Mike.
Feb 13, 2018, 06:33 AM
608 km/h!
Hey Mic, you're in luck! There are great beach slopes to play on all along beach road from Parkdale to some much taller ones further up towards StKilda. I used to live there but wasn't into sloping, only discovered them when I lived out in Hoppers Crossing!
Landing can be tricky on the tall cliffs but the smaller ones near Parkdale you can just land on the beach.
Feb 14, 2018, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh18
Hey Mic, you're in luck! There are great beach slopes to play on all along beach road from Parkdale to some much taller ones further up towards StKilda. I used to live there but wasn't into sloping, only discovered them when I lived out in Hoppers Crossing!
Landing can be tricky on the tall cliffs but the smaller ones near Parkdale you can just land on the beach.

Thanks Josh.

I will keep an eye on the wind and head down. Do you usually fly from the beach as well as the cliffs donít have much space?

Mike.
Feb 15, 2018, 04:47 AM
608 km/h!
I always flew from the top of the cliffs. I was learning then too and had to retrieve my wing off the road and a front yard a few times.
The place I would start is at mentone, on beach road there is a carpark between dixon street and san antonio court. Its a gentle slope rather than a cliff, plenty of room and with a path to walk down to the beach or just land in the bushes. I was only flying a foam wing there and it is pretty small but there seemed to be plenty of lift and you can fly right up and down the beach. Looks like it will work in a SW.
Have fun!
Feb 22, 2018, 06:32 PM
The wheels touch down FIRST??
Quote:
Originally Posted by miksterr
Hi all. I am looking for some locations to slope. Just early days for me so don’t need huge winds. I have an Alula trek and Ahi.

Have been flying for a long time and have several powered gliders however keen to give this a go.

Am located in the Seaford, Victoria area and would be keen to hear of any locations within an hour from here suitable for a beginner with reasonable landing zones.

Thanks,

Mike.
Charman Rd used to be a spot - but the road is a bit close and petty busy. LZ is restrictive.

Red Bluff is apparently flyable in the right wind.

Theres lots of little spots along that stretch of the Bay I've often thought of tossing a DLG off in lighter conditions.

I usually opt for Phillip Island these days - Sunderland Bay for SW/S/SE.

Was down there on Sunday and had a good session.

There's always Punchbowl if you want to try some DS.

And of course Kilcunda Nth or Sth side.

Whitehall (Rabbit Hill) near Korumburra works in E and W.

Might be a bit further than you're thinking, but they're about any hours drive for me.

BJ
Feb 23, 2018, 04:19 AM
608 km/h!
Yeah I forgot to mention punchbowl and crystal's which are down towards Wonthaggi and Johanna which is at the far end of the great Ocean road. More of a drive but are top ds spots
Feb 23, 2018, 01:46 PM
The wheels touch down FIRST??
You still flying Josh?

Just getting back into it myself.

BJ
Feb 24, 2018, 04:29 AM
608 km/h!
Hey BJ. Im up in Darwin and flying up here is pretty rubbish, so its on hold until I get to a better place, hopefully Sydney early next year. I did go to NZ over christmas which was great though.

Quick Reply