Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Thread Tools
Old Jun 15, 2010, 08:38 AM
swoop119 is offline
Find More Posts by swoop119
Windburner Factory Pilot
swoop119's Avatar
I had a great time at a great event.It was awsome to see some of the worlds best pilots in action.
Both Ezza and myself were able to take home some trophys after a great weekend.
Ok......now that the thermal comps are over for the year i am focusing on DSing with 300mph being the aim so i am not posting again until i reach it!
I had the great pleasure of meeting Joe Wurts at Jerllderie and among other things chatting about the D80 and my setup so hopefully with a few little changes we will be at 300mph soon
Last edited by swoop119; Jun 15, 2010 at 09:00 AM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 15, 2010, 08:46 AM
gouch is offline
Find More Posts by gouch
de-registered abuser
gouch's Avatar
Do we have an aussie 300 mph record?
Old Jun 15, 2010, 03:44 PM
jason H is offline
Find More Posts by jason H
Magic Blue Smoke costs to much
jason H's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by swoop119 View Post
Ok......now that the thermal comps are over for the year i am focusing on DSing with 300mph being the aim so i am not posting again until i reach it!
300mph wow where are you going to do that, Rabbit... Looks like you be leaving RCG then, lucky for "Angry Dragon" then.

Stafw....
Old Jun 15, 2010, 06:00 PM
me_wantee is offline
Find More Posts by me_wantee
Not a Doctor
me_wantee's Avatar
Nice work Joel. btw, you should send the 6230 back. They've been recalled
Old Jun 15, 2010, 06:08 PM
gouch is offline
Find More Posts by gouch
de-registered abuser
gouch's Avatar
I thought it was the 6250 Mick?

Joel, I thought your 2000th post was going to be the 300mph post Congrats to Ezza and yourself btw. I'd like to check out one of those comps one day......just a little closer to home would be nice
Old Jun 15, 2010, 06:14 PM
me_wantee is offline
Find More Posts by me_wantee
Not a Doctor
me_wantee's Avatar
Gimme a break. I just woke up
Old Jun 15, 2010, 06:37 PM
Ezza is offline
Find More Posts by Ezza
DS= -$ & :-)
Ezza's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrydragon119 View Post
I was given weekend release to go to Jerilderie to watch the annual LSF tournament..it was amazing!you may think DSing is dangerous?its nothing compared to what happens out there,its like a battlefield....No less than 12 fully moulded gliders were destroyed.Some of them went in vertical from over a thousand feet "BOOM!!!!".........some went in on launch...almost at the point of flutter,screaming then WHAM!!!mid-airs,off-airs,wings failing,flutter,wings pulling off the fuz then raining to earth like missiles while callers yelled "heads" as observers ran for cover....you name it..it happened.There were bins being filled with broken carbon and glass as a new $3500plus carbon toys were hooked up again to the line...ready for battle.
The worlds best were there with the best gear..and the skills.These guys can find lift on the coldest of mornings and then fly so far away downwind you can barely see there model,let alone tell which way it is going(well over a mile)...and then make it back to land right on the spot,right on time....amazing stuff.The competition was intense with around 12 or so pilots launching at once...whistling up the lines only metres apart then "pinging up another few hundred feet or more...mouldies screaming and wings bending more than you will ever see on the slope,200lb line snapping under extreme tension,"CRACK" like a whip as helpers run for cover....Even though planes are built of carbon many didnt handle the task with wings exploding like a gunshot and then raining the pieces onto the field.
I was lucky also to meet Ezza and Joel(both top pilots)
I would love to tell you more but i have to go(its time for my medication)
Ezza i am sure will have more to report and maybe even some pics.
Cheers
So true what Angry says. There was carnage galore. 9 top quality planes destroyed on day one. Several midairs and off airs, over the next two days. Pretty scary. One incident had me running in circles, jumping, cowering, all in about 2 seconds. Didn't know which way to run. A plane on a winch was out of control, off air, under extreme tension, practically flutter speed and it went in about 10m out from us. Just as it was about to go in, it started to pull out, I thought it was gunna come into the pits at 150mph, luckily it went in at 30 degree angle, instantly turning into confetti. Talk about adrenaline rush. Not the sort I like though.


Eric
Old Jun 15, 2010, 06:48 PM
Jim.Thompson is online now
Find More Posts by Jim.Thompson
Entropy is happening!
Jim.Thompson's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezza View Post
So true what Angry says. There was carnage galore. 9 top quality planes destroyed on day one. Several midairs and off airs, over the next two days. Pretty scary. One incident had me running in circles, jumping, cowering, all in about 2 seconds. Didn't know which way to run. A plane on a winch was out of control, off air, under extreme tension, practically flutter speed and it went in about 10m out from us. Just as it was about to go in, it started to pull out, I thought it was gunna come into the pits at 150mph, luckily it went in at 30 degree angle, instantly turning into confetti. Talk about adrenaline rush. Not the sort I like though.
Eric
Wow! All that makes slope flying appear to be like a Sunday afternoon stroll in the park!

Jim.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 07:14 PM
batballs is offline
Find More Posts by batballs
Blue Sky Mining
batballs's Avatar
Maybe we should send the guys a special invite to Camperdown?
They can set up the winch in the carpark ...
No one would object.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 07:53 PM
gizzo is offline
Find More Posts by gizzo
Live slow, Die whenever
gizzo's Avatar
Good writeup, guys. Sounds like an event worth seeing sounds pretty exciting, and not what you'd expect after seeing the local SSL crew in "action" on a lazy Sunday. Good one.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 08:30 AM
Hytram is offline
Find More Posts by Hytram
Have plane, will crash
Hytram's Avatar
just been sorting photos...

Old Jun 17, 2010, 08:38 AM
r/c junkie is offline
Find More Posts by r/c junkie
TEAM OZSKUNKWORX
r/c junkie's Avatar
nice one Marty
How you been mate

Shane
Old Jun 17, 2010, 08:47 AM
Hytram is offline
Find More Posts by Hytram
Have plane, will crash
Hytram's Avatar
missing you guys...its that pathetic or what!!!??!!

the head is about as right as its every going to be, the itch to fly is killing me..

off to Vietnam in Sept for a couple of weeks on the bike, so should have a plane in the air for the change in wind direction not long after that..


my 12yo loaded up realflight the other WE and got it going on the plasma... so you should see us both be for the end of year
Old Jun 17, 2010, 09:06 AM
r/c junkie is offline
Find More Posts by r/c junkie
TEAM OZSKUNKWORX
r/c junkie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hytram View Post
missing you guys...its that pathetic or what!!!??!!

the head is about as right as its every going to be, the itch to fly is killing me..

off to Vietnam in Sept for a couple of weeks on the bike, so should have a plane in the air for the change in wind direction not long after that..


my 12yo loaded up realflight the other WE and got it going on the plasma... so you should see us both be for the end of year
Sweet dude looking forward to it.

Shane
Old Jun 17, 2010, 06:29 PM
Swoopdown is offline
Find More Posts by Swoopdown
C'mon more Energy
Swoopdown's Avatar
Good one Marty. Long time no hear.
Dude you got to come out sooner or later.
Good luck with Vietnam. I watched that epersode of Top gear and the bike situation over there looked insane


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool Victorian Slopetrash - Veeedeeeo samotage Slope 16 Jan 09, 2008 05:41 PM