Feb 17, 2010, 09:10 PM
C'mon more Energy
Ahh yes those were the days Sam.

That Destiny was not the first model I grated in and certianly wont be the last.

I have made a pact with Joel that if we crack 300 on the next lap we are going to smear our model in just to see how big the wreckage is. I reckon its not unreasonable to expect an Opus at 300mph to "spread" itself over 200 metres if the impact is shallow enough.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 17, 2010, 09:50 PM
Windburner Factory Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoopdown
Ahh yes those were the days Sam.

That Destiny was not the first model I grated in and certianly wont be the last.

I have made a pact with Joel that if we crack 300 on the next lap we are going to smear our model in just to see how big the wreckage is. I reckon its not unreasonable to expect an Opus at 300mph to "spread" itself over 200 metres if the impact is shallow enough.
I am just going to roll it over and pull up so it goes in vertical.....one clean hole so i can just fill the top over.Dont want to upset the ranger with big trenches.
Feb 18, 2010, 12:18 AM
born again slope junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by millikenrob
Hey Dave,

I've only ds'd once so i could be up for a bit of amateur DS...

R
how do we do that you in melbourne and i am 10 mins from the slopes here at warrnambool,, 3 and a half hours from you . any ideas.

dave
Feb 18, 2010, 02:03 AM
knee ligaments are over rated
Quote:
Originally Posted by samotage
I fondly recall a flying outing once upon a time with Dingo, Anton and Swoopdown at the Rawck.

Mick had delighted us all with some very fine laps with the JDub down the backside at the point, and now had Dezzy up, ready for some lappin. He was giving us luddites some instruction:

"Now boys, if you are going to DS a model you need to understand it could be destroyed at any time"

Well, on his second lap on that run Dezzy got her first tree grating.

I don't know what was funnier, the look on Bruce's face, the sound of Dezzy being grated through a tree, or Mick picking up the bits and pieces proclaiming that it would be no fuss to fix.

That Mick Did, and I believe the model was written off 4 more times before being consigned to the bin.

I believe Mick now prefers to "pop" a model midflight and sent the Fuzotage into orbit.

Otage,
out.
Ahh yes I remember that crash well . I`m sure Mick crashed on purpose & just wanted to give us a demo on how to be not upset about wrecking your best model .
Feb 19, 2010, 03:37 AM
Just starting to fly again after intermitent flying over the past 3 years (wife and I had a baby)

Had a few good fligts at camperdown and have managed to get down to the local club and back it up with some flat field since.

I live in the west and would love to know of a good fontside site to fly tommorrow and get the thumbs working again.

any help would be great
Feb 19, 2010, 03:43 AM
Crikey never leave beer behind
lol you mean your wife had a baby and its all your fault I'm sure the Vic guys will steer you down the path of no return ,welcome to the addiction.
SteveW
Feb 19, 2010, 06:35 AM
find me @samotage
Thread OP
...so I have another 3 years to go eh?
Feb 19, 2010, 03:40 PM
Windburner Factory Pilot
Quote:
Sorry Sam but i think your sentence is a lot longer than 3 years......but i do hope to eventually see you flying again.I fear carbon may be obsolete by that time though and we will all be old and angry and will probably tell you off for flying with a radio.By then we would have surely switched to mind/telepathic direct control.See you then
Feb 19, 2010, 03:58 PM
Twisted and Confused
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by swoop119
Sorry Sam but i think your sentence is a lot longer than 3 years......but i do hope to eventually see you flying again.I fear carbon may be obsolete by that time though and we will all be old and angry and will probably tell you off for flying with a radio.By then we would have surely switched to mind/telepathic direct control.See you then
....but we'll give you credit for time served already

Steve
Feb 19, 2010, 05:34 PM
The one benifit is by the time you are allowed to fly agian all the good stuff (for me brushless motors) you will be able to buy from HK

I know my first brushless was like $500 - $600 and just ordered lipos, a brushlesss setup and spares to get me back in the air for under $100
and they tell me in a few years I will have a helper to pickup planes from the bottom of a slope
Feb 19, 2010, 06:08 PM
find me @samotage
Thread OP
Mmm,

Yes, we will all be old and grumpy, carbon will be obsolete, radios will be redundant. Spose I can look forward to getting into a grizzling match on the sidelines wearing our white hats, and whine about how dangerous the young people are flying their toys...

That would be gold.
Feb 19, 2010, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Mmm,

Yes, we will all be old and grumpy, carbon will be obsolete, radios will be redundant. Spose I can look forward to getting into a grizzling match on the sidelines wearing our white hats, and whine about how dangerous the young people are flying their toys...

That would be gold.
The sentence is longer than 3 years but you get time off for good behaviour someware in the middle, someone to help find the remote control when watching the TV and some one at some point of time buy that model you always wanted for your kids(even if they need your assistance to fy it)
Feb 20, 2010, 06:05 PM
Saturday afternoon, another great day at Beechmont. Due to wind initially being too strong and turbulent I decided not to take the Falco up for it's first flight. it then backed off & I had no excuses. It flew beautifully in light winds. even managed after gaining a little height to loop, roll & test brakes. She looks & sounds fast with a couple of medium speed runs across the front.

The wind was then dropping off & I decided to do a landing approach before I was forced to. Unfortunately the wind dropped at that very moment & I could not go around. ( I might have tried it with the JW or Blade) but this girl is a little heavier than I'm use to, but after a extended glide she was on the ground safe & sound.

As usual Beechy came good late in the day, I spent the last hour cutting up the sky with my JW & repaired Blade & half dozen other crazy wings. A nice way to finish the day with good mates, good winds & great location

Ian
Feb 21, 2010, 06:19 AM
A little video I made .....

Slope Soaring the Vento. Cecil peak and the Remarkables over Lake Wakitipu (3 min 53 sec)
Feb 21, 2010, 02:45 PM
Auzzie built planks
Nice AL!!!! Whats been happening, Where's the DS vids ??? just because you fly jelly fish now dodsn;t get you out of climbing massive mountains and getting us some virgin world class ds site vids ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???/
Latest blog entry: More colours

Quick Reply