New Precision Aerobatics Extra? - Page 3 - RC Groups
Jan 30, 2008, 10:18 PM
Wohoo!

That's gonna make a great home for my spare unused PA thrust 30.

I've been hearing rumours about this one for months but this is the first concrete evidence!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 30, 2008, 10:50 PM
Nice Job PA. Looks like another must have! I have no idea where I'm gonna start storing all of these new planes.
Jan 31, 2008, 01:34 AM
aka MadMan

What? Only one wing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precision Aerob
Hi guys,

I'll post all the details a little later today.. One thing I can say about ETA – the container to the USA has been loaded this Saturday and is leaving China in the next couple of days. The trip to Atlanta takes roughly 5 weeks
We will upload the photos and info to our website and make a formal release soon.
Cheers
Adad
Precision Aerobatics Team
Credibility check time, young lady! The magazine picture doesn't make this look like the new fiber-fusion biplane you've been promising me. Sniff!
Jan 31, 2008, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmanzuk
Credibility check time, young lady! The magazine picture doesn't make this look like the new fiber-fusion biplane you've been promising me. Sniff!

Hey rjmanzuk,

The Biplane is extremely complicated design and takes a little longer, but trust me you are not going to be disappointed. FiberFusion™ bipe is next - you have our word!

Adad
Jan 31, 2008, 02:13 AM
Off roading with the Fun Cub!
Adad,

Any details you can tell us? Release date? Price?
Jan 31, 2008, 04:45 AM

Precision Aerobatics Extra 260- Freestyle Competition Class EP Model

Okay, here it is:

Specifications
Wingspan 1219mm (48")
Length 1094mm (43")
Wing area 490sq in
AUW: 955g / 33.7oz
Wing loading: 9.9oz/sq.ft
Motor: PA Thrust 30
ESC: PA Quantum 40
Servos: 4 Micro servos 1.6kg/cm torque
Lipo pack: PA 2,200mAh 11.1V
Prop: APC 12x6 E or 13x6.5 E

Our Slogan for the new PA Extra 260 is “Breaking All the Rules” – which is literally what we achieved in the design of this model.

We approached the new design with the short “wish-list” you guys posted on RCG and with FiberFusion™ construction technology under our belt. The result is an amazing aircraft designed for unlimited aerobatic performance with a level of precision demanded by today’s Freestyle competitions.

While the Extra is larger than the PA Katana MD and features fully air-foiled tail section it weighs the same as the Katana MD! This means the new 260 is now the lightest model in its size category, yet is it one of the robust models available on the market today.

Being this light also mean you can power the PA Extra 260 by the same lightweight 30 size iPAs setup as the Katana MD. (If you don’t have the set up yet – check the special discounts on our website – not only you save $35 on the combo shipping is FREE worldwide).

Similar to the Katana MD, the new PA 260 ailerons fit into the wing trailing edge tunnels and are glued and pre-aligned in the factory.

The PA Extra 260 excels in all tumbling manoeuvers. Violent walls, snaps rolls, flat spins (representative of full-scale aircraft) are just some of the high-speed, high-energy maneuvers the Extra 260 is capable of performing.
On the post-stall extreme freestyle end, the Extra 260 is fully capable of executing excellent, well balanced rolling harriers (extremely slow and persistent) and slow stable harriers (both upright and inverted) with no wing rocking.
Elevators are extremely stable (allowing long elevators all the way down to a spot landing) and harrier turns are tight and stable. Transitions into high Alpha flight are extremely smooth and stable. The 260 also Knife Edges, with the accuracy to perform KE circuits adds a further dimension of precision to the overall flight performance.
So if you demand precision flying with unrestricted freestyle and 3D agility, the PA Extra 260 is the ultimate no-holds-barred, high performance aerobatics machine that delivers.

Adad
Jan 31, 2008, 05:35 AM
Guys, Finally- Now the cats out of the bag!!!

Shaun showed me this plane at Christmas time when I was in Sydney Australia, but he told me I had to keep my mouth shut as they were trying to keep it hush until launch.

So, the plane is awesome. Three colour schemes obviously: Yellow/Black/Silver, Green/Black/White and Red/Black/White. the underside of each fuse and tail feathers is Black, the undersides of the wings is transparent top colour, ie, Yellow Green or red, like the KMD.

It will use the same power set and servos as the KMD. And I'd say the construction and use of fibrefusion is very similar, except for the tail obviously.

The Aero Tailfeathers are really nice, much stiffer and stronger than flat tails, but Shaun told me it took a LOT of work to get them right.

He also said he was really happy with the flight characteristics. The plane does amazing traditional aerobatic routines, but is also very good at 3D. He said it does the easiest rolling harriers ever!

Price is going to be similar to the KMD as well.

think it's going to be available in the US from March/April, and the UK will have to wait until May/June if I remember rightly.

I was so impressed with this plane, I honestly was. I think its going a step beyond what is currently available as a park-flyer anywhere from anybody, with it combination of strength, lightness and how Shaun prommises me it flys. And Shaun was genuinely proud of his new creation when I saw him, and justifiably so I think!
Jan 31, 2008, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmanzuk
I didn't see the bipe, but Shaun told me a bit about it. But I don't think I'm supposed to give any details of that yet.... But it is coming....
Jan 31, 2008, 07:57 AM
Love to see some video of this.
Steve
Jan 31, 2008, 09:15 AM
I am giddy with anticipation!
Jan 31, 2008, 10:01 AM
RC Maniac
Gotta Have One !!!!!
Jan 31, 2008, 11:26 AM
Don't know why, but I'm feeling the green.
Jan 31, 2008, 11:26 AM
**I'm Battman**
Happy Birthday to me!

rc

Ya know PA:
I don't think my wife likes you guys very much!

ps... Thanks for the GREEN!!!
Jan 31, 2008, 12:29 PM
Fly to live- Live to fly
Please send some of them in the same ship that arrive the Addictions to Spain.
Jan 31, 2008, 02:41 PM
Me too! I want a green one, no idea why, it looks kinda strange... so... it's ME!!! I'm just mysteriously drawn to it...

My little pinky tells me that we won't have to wait as long as we did for the Katana MD... Remember it's announcement was made months prior to it's release? Maybe it's just wishful thinking but something tells me I'll have one of these before the snow melts

please please please!!!

My setup;

hs-65hb's
thrust30
CC thunderbird 36
berg 7P rx
tp 2100 pro lites

Now... both this green beauty and my katana MD will be fighting for the same packs! looks like i'll be flipping coins all summer

the only remaining question is, how many do i order???

oh, Adad, can we get a hint at what the underside looks like?

Quick Reply