Multiplex Fox - Page 4 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Mar 28, 2008, 03:55 PM
Huh?! well waddayouknow!?
hmm ,looks good but not as cool as The Fox,kind of a combo look betwent he fox and the fik glider.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Apr 08, 2008, 04:18 PM
Registered User

My version of Multiplex Fox brushless


Hi, This is my first post on rcgroups. Until now I didn't have something interesting enough to share.

I was in Germany (Analytica 2008, Munich) and visited a hobby shop. Everything was very expensive so I took a Fox, it looked nice and it was a Multiplex.

Back home, after reading the forums, I got to work imediately. My first move was to cut it in two. I build it like an EasyStar (resemble very much). Here is what I use:
- 2 servo 3.7g
- 1 Hxt brushless 24g, 1300 Kv (I know heavy but the smaller I have one burn out recently)
- 1 6A ESC
- 1 Corona RX 4 ch.
- 1 300 mah Lipo (hyperion)
- 7x4 prop (again this is what I have in hand)

AUW is 150 g with 10 g lead in the back. CG app 1/3 wing.
The motor have no downtrust and now I regret. Full trotle it start looping.

It flies very nimble. Half trotle cruise gently at 1A. Don't like the wind. Very crash resistant. Due to low mass almost unbrekable. I didn't use any glue, only tape. Wing flex a little bit to much, I'll reinforce with tape.

It is a nice DIY project. Total cost of the electronics 40-60 USD from UH.

Now I am sorry I didn't take two of them. The second one will be better for sure.

Stefan
Apr 08, 2008, 05:23 PM
Given up counting
alexeames's Avatar
My son and I went out and flew our Fox today. Not rigged up a tow system yet so it was simple chucking. It was great, I loved it. Amazed how far it can fly with just a chuck. Aerotow will be fantastic
Apr 08, 2008, 06:21 PM
Registered User

Glad you posted


Quote:
Originally Posted by costelior
Hi, This is my first post on rcgroups. Until now I didn't have something interesting enough to share.

I was in Germany (Analytica 2008, Munich) and visited a hobby shop. Everything was very expensive so I took a Fox, it looked nice and it was a Multiplex.

Back home, after reading the forums, I got to work imediately. My first move was to cut it in two. I build it like an EasyStar (resemble very much). Here is what I use:
- 2 servo 3.7g
- 1 Hxt brushless 24g, 1300 Kv (I know heavy but the smaller I have one burn out recently)
- 1 6A ESC
- 1 Corona RX 4 ch.
- 1 300 mah Lipo (hyperion)
- 7x4 prop (again this is what I have in hand)

AUW is 150 g with 10 g lead in the back. CG app 1/3 wing.
The motor have no downtrust and now I regret. Full trotle it start looping.

It flies very nimble. Half trotle cruise gently at 1A. Don't like the wind. Very crash resistant. Due to low mass almost unbrekable. I didn't use any glue, only tape. Wing flex a little bit to much, I'll reinforce with tape.

It is a nice DIY project. Total cost of the electronics 40-60 USD from UH.

Now I am sorry I didn't take two of them. The second one will be better for sure.

Stefan
Welcome to the club.

I'm so glad you posted; this was/is my dream............ when they get to USA.... I've considered piggyback, but am strongly considering it to be towed. Thank you for all the electronic specs, too.

LarryR : )
Apr 08, 2008, 06:23 PM
Registered User

Do yo have the box?


Quote:
Originally Posted by alexeames
My son and I went out and flew our Fox today. Not rigged up a tow system yet so it was simple chucking. It was great, I loved it. Amazed how far it can fly with just a chuck. Aerotow will be fantastic
I'd love to have the box measurements and weight prior to building... the reason is that I have "in-law" [kinduv long story] in Edinburgh.... and am wondering what it would cost to ship here to Denver USA.

Thanks.

LarryR : )
Apr 09, 2008, 05:13 AM
Given up counting
alexeames's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by LareeRudee
I'd love to have the box measurements and weight prior to building... the reason is that I have "in-law" [kinduv long story] in Edinburgh.... and am wondering what it would cost to ship here to Denver USA.

Thanks.

LarryR : )
It comes in a bag Larry. One of those that hangs on a rack with a folded paper fastener. The Bag is about 30cm x 12cm x 6cm (estimate). So a box slightly larger than that would fit it. Weight about 70g
Apr 09, 2008, 05:28 AM
Registered User

Wing, and weight


Quote:
Originally Posted by alexeames
It comes in a bag Larry. One of those that hangs on a rack with a folded paper fastener. The Bag is about 30cm x 12cm x 6cm (estimate). So a box slightly larger than that would fit it. Weight about 70g
So with THOSE dimensions, the wing must come in two pieces, then, right?

And wow, 70 gm bag...... if put in cardboard to ship, the CARDBOARD will weigh far more than the package IN IT.....

Did I hear you right, then?

Thanks,

LarryR : )
Apr 09, 2008, 09:22 AM
Given up counting
alexeames's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by LareeRudee
So with THOSE dimensions, the wing must come in two pieces, then, right?

And wow, 70 gm bag...... if put in cardboard to ship, the CARDBOARD will weigh far more than the package IN IT.....

Did I hear you right, then?

Thanks,

LarryR : )
Sorry the wing is one piece. I got it wrong. The bag must be 50 cm long or slightly more
Apr 09, 2008, 04:50 PM
Registered User
hobie14's Avatar
Do any of the U.K. stores have it in stock yet? ......
Apr 09, 2008, 06:30 PM
Registered User

I might've assumed, but.


Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie14
Do any of the U.K. stores have it in stock yet? ......
Perhaps I assumed you have them in UK, but I found a WHOLE thread devoted to this cute little creation, so might check on THAT thread...... I'll have a look around there too.

I'm in Denver, Colo USA.

[edit; for suppliers take a look at posts 1, 2, and 23 in THIS thread.... hmmmmm, maybe THIS is the thread I had been into "earlier"............ end of edit]

LarryR : )
Last edited by LareeRudee; Apr 09, 2008 at 06:39 PM.
Apr 10, 2008, 12:41 PM
Given up counting
alexeames's Avatar

Got some video


My Fox video.

http://www.tranfree.com/photos/MPXFox.wmv (5 meg)

Just flat field hand chucking, can't wait to try aerotow or slope.
Apr 10, 2008, 02:40 PM
Registered User

Source?


Quote:
Originally Posted by alexeames
My Fox video.

http://www.tranfree.com/photos/MPXFox.wmv (5 meg)

Just flat field hand chucking, can't wait to try aerotow or slope.
People are asking [me too] "Where did you get yours"? Was it locally in UK? Did you have to order it elsewhere?

Sorry, maybe you already told us; I'll look back over the posts. Do you mind telling us where you are located? I'm in Denver, Colo USA.

[edit; location; ok, I see from your avatar you are in Bicester, UK. I'll look it up on a map. end of edit]

Thanks

LarryR : )
Last edited by LareeRudee; Apr 10, 2008 at 02:43 PM. Reason: location
Apr 10, 2008, 03:06 PM
Given up counting
alexeames's Avatar
There was a batch of the original ones sent through to Slough Models in the UK. It was a coincidence because they happened to have a Multiplex order pending at exactly the right time. There's only a handful of them in the country.

I started a thread on this plane in the UK forums RCMF.co.uk and a guy who had bought two of these from the original batch kindly offered to send me one.

They are indeed hard to come by but should be available in the UK in May. After that they should be easy to get hold of.
Apr 10, 2008, 04:57 PM
SB-28 UK Display Pilot
GeeW's Avatar
Fox is in stock at West London Models and Slough, saw it the other day.
Regards

Gordon
Apr 11, 2008, 03:56 AM
Given up counting
alexeames's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeW
Fox is in stock at West London Models and Slough, saw it the other day.
Regards

Gordon
Do you mean back in stock? Or does this refer to when you saw them in February? Mine was one of the last of the first batch from Slough.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Multiplex FOX aleXtino Hitec/Multiplex USA 14 Sep 19, 2008 05:54 PM