Aug 18, 2008, 04:55 AM
Well it flew but only just, not quite enough lift so I will definately have to knock up a bigger set of wings.

Tony
to remove ads between posts
Aug 18, 2008, 05:40 AM
Good Better Best quest.
I used a 3x.5 c/f strip in a slit along the bottom of the boom otherwise they keep changing shape altering the trim.
looks like you have slotted the horns and are using 2 servo's and setup as
elevons, i have often wondered about doing that
some expo might be good .
Last edited by olmod; Aug 18, 2008 at 05:45 AM.
Aug 18, 2008, 03:39 PM
olmod

good advice on stiffening the boom there is quite a bit of movement there. I have mark2 on the board now and will look around to see what I can fit in there.

Tony
Aug 28, 2008, 07:21 PM
Standard rudder elevator set up with 1m wing span. Used same air foil shape as normal Fox wing.
Aug 30, 2008, 03:54 AM
Beware the Axis of Weasel.
Not got time to finish off my conversion, and I was wondering if anyone would like to buy what I've done so far? For pics see post#216 in this thread. I've fitted two 3.7g servos and connected them to the control rods/horns, cut a slot for a 500mAh 2s lipo and done the wing so it can be removed for easy storage/transport. All that needs doing is attaching a motor and esc (I've done this conversion with the UH 10g motor in mind), attaching the folding Graupner prop that I'm including, and plugging in an rx and batt pack. In short, all that's needed is an rx, batt and esc. Everything else is brand new, and tested but not used. It all cost me about $40, and I've put a couple of hours into it (not the neatest work I've done I'll admit but it's still more than good enough) so I was thinking somewhere around $30, plus actual postage,packaging charge free. PM me if interested.
Aug 31, 2008, 07:06 AM
Good Better Best quest.

Hey Tony

Have you flown it yet? cant help feeling after my experiences you will have to cut down the throws heaps, i flew today in wind ~10K good penetration for a lightweight.
Sep 01, 2008, 01:37 AM
Olmod

Nope, Been blowing 25+ from the south east for ages and its not letting the sea breaze come in. We do have the most grouse slope site though suited for those winds but its on active mining lease about 300m from my house. All I can do is watch the flocks of Rainbow lorikeets hit it and go (WHAT THE ) as they verticaly go about 15m up inside of about 10m. Its a 30m tailings dam with over a 1.5 km of water to let the wind get nice and stable, it frustrating. When it gets 10-15 we will get the turn around after lunch and all will be good. I will have to set up my duel throws with a bit of difference as I am not sure how those large control surfaces will go with the new wings.

Tony
Sep 06, 2008, 06:04 AM
julius
Some one can indicate me the CDG of the fox ?

Thanks

Julien
Sep 06, 2008, 01:41 PM
Happy Days
Hi guys, good stuff.
Can any one help me out. I'm doing a conversion to electric power.
I've got a great small outrunner of about 40watts. It is only 18mm in diameter with a shaft of 2mm. My problem is that I'm looking to fit a folding prop but can't find a suitable addaptor/spinner.

Any sugestions?

Dave
Sep 06, 2008, 03:34 PM
julius
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudlark
Hi guys, good stuff.
I've got a great small outrunner of about 40watts. It is only 18mm in diameter with a shaft of 2mm. My problem is that I'm looking to fit a folding prop but can't find a suitable addaptor/spinner.

Any sugestions?

Dave

Hello,

Here you can find 2 mm adaptator :

http://aircraft-world.com/shopdispla...+PROP+ADAPTERS

Julien
Sep 10, 2008, 03:04 PM
julius
Here is some picture of my fox.

I used all LAMA V3 electronic.

First flight coming soon.
Sep 10, 2008, 04:21 PM
Good Better Best quest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudlark
Hi guys, good stuff.

Any sugestions?

Dave
Hobby lobby have a small Graupner folder but its expensive as most Graupner stuff is
Sep 10, 2008, 04:25 PM
Good Better Best quest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigma_fr
Here is some picture of my fox.

I used all LAMA V3 electronic.

First flight coming soon.
Set your throws to very small movements like +- 1/8"to 3/16th" for initial tests,they have a good turn of penetration even in winds to ~10mph and are not a slow flyer. good luck.
Sep 29, 2008, 07:59 AM

Gutted Fox

I recently visited an open day at Oxford Model Flying Club and saw a powered Fox flying extremely well(it was the standout model amongst lots of exotica). I'm not sure of the owners name but he had done a great job on his Fox by hollowing it out from nose to tail, just like gutting a fish! So I take no credit for any original thoughts and thanks to the originator if he reads this post.
Anyway I had most of the bits so ordered a fox and started gutting, it seems like a crime cutting down the bottom and takes awhile to do but makes for a light airframe, lower wing loading and great flying characteristics. Set up is;
UH 10 g motor
5x3 or 4x4 GWS prop
Plush 6A ESC
GWS 4 channel rx
360 Rhino 2s pack
2x3.7 g servos
RTF weight 90g (3.2oz)
The motor mount is glued in using Gorilla Glue and the tailplane has been moved back to tidy up the elevator instalation.
It flys really well for 20mins on the 360mah battery, this is my favorite plane right now and probably the cheapest too

Graham

Quick Reply