Thread Tools
Mar 23, 2009, 04:43 AM
ambinobambino's Avatar

bought


done, bought it (some cables, 4x gws edf55's, 2x 480Li's) total AUS$169
Last edited by ambinobambino; Mar 23, 2009 at 06:26 AM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
May 15, 2009, 06:25 PM
Globemaster Maiden Time
KoziFlyer's Avatar
Ambino your batteries are too small in capacity. What is your build stage?

Here is mine after about 6 months. Still not finished with the paint work or final details.
May 15, 2009, 06:37 PM
Clear for Take-Off!!!
Kozi, That is fantastic!!! Very nice job on the 747. I like the livery too. Good choice. Should fly very scale like. Thanks for the pics, Well done!
May 20, 2009, 06:08 PM
Avoid The Ground!
Flexserve's Avatar
Koziflyer nice work!!!!! Building mine as 737 50% scale. 50% done......LOL Take F5 and run it through instaed of the "hump" F4 stuff. Shorten and enlarge tail refine fuse, and away you go. Will post pics later (no camera at moment)

1 micro (mini) sized edf comin' up!
May 28, 2009, 05:57 AM
Globemaster Maiden Time
KoziFlyer's Avatar
A bit more paint 95% done->
Some stats:
Weight without paint 2.4 kg.
Weight with paint 2.8 kg.
Thrust=2.8kg
P/R 1:1 ratio using Sapac outrunners 4000rpm/v and GW64 fans x2, 4000mAh battery. Pulling 40 amps each motor on WOT at take off.
Flight time - approx 3.5 to 4 minutes.
Cost: ~ 7 hundy!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by KoziFlyer; May 28, 2009 at 06:41 AM.
May 28, 2009, 01:04 PM
Avoid The Ground!
Flexserve's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoziFlyer
A bit more paint 95% done->
Some stats:
Weight without paint 2.4 kg.
Weight with paint 2.8 kg.
Thrust=2.8kg
P/R 1:1 ratio using Sapac outrunners 4000rpm/v and GW64 fans x2, 4000mAh battery. Pulling 40 amps each motor on WOT at take off.
Flight time - approx 3.5 to 4 minutes.
Cost: ~ 7 hundy!!!!!!!!!!!
She looks very nice! great job!
May 31, 2009, 02:45 AM
Osprey Wanna Be Hobbiest
Osprey WannaB's Avatar
I want one... hehehe i likes:P
Jun 04, 2009, 04:53 AM
RC Airliner Man
brett1984's Avatar

nice 747


Quote:
Originally Posted by KoziFlyer
Ambino your batteries are too small in capacity. What is your build stage?

Here is mine after about 6 months. Still not finished with the paint work or final details.
hello kozi flyer you have made an exellent job on the 747, im glad that you have built so a fine model, as i only designed it and never built it i always wanted a large 747, so i got auto cad and used the boeing website air port planing 3 views -boeing website

i then drew some formers, and had my uncle print my plans, and set about building heres the build threadnew boeing 747 build thread
Jun 04, 2009, 07:30 AM
Globemaster Maiden Time
KoziFlyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by brett1984
hello kozi flyer you have made an exellent job on the 747, im glad that you have built so a fine model, as i only designed it and never built it i always wanted a large 747, so i got auto cad and used the boeing website air port planing 3 views -boeing website

i then drew some formers, and had my uncle print my plans, and set about building heres the build threadnew boeing 747 build thread

Hey Brett1984- thanks for providing the plans. If it wasn't for your plans i would've build an F16 or somethin'. I will fly her this weekend and post the video soon- (cross your fingers, there is no crash ) She's flown twice already, first time with rear prop, second time with 2x fans. This time its the real deal with full weight.
Jun 14, 2009, 03:27 AM
Globemaster Maiden Time
KoziFlyer's Avatar
Video from this weekend

Radio control 747 Scratch Built (2 min 41 sec)
Jun 14, 2009, 04:10 AM
Globemaster Maiden Time
KoziFlyer's Avatar
Some photos from flight, I can already see improvements on the next build
Jun 14, 2009, 04:28 AM
Osprey Wanna Be Hobbiest
Osprey WannaB's Avatar
love it... u make me so jelous
Jun 14, 2009, 06:10 PM
GorillaGlue, Tape...I'm good
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoziFlyer
...I can already see improvements on the next build
I thought you said that you didn't want to do another scratch build after this one? Or was that someone else I'm thinking of?

BTW, were you using the flaps for landing? In the video, it looked like it came in quite fast. Did it just seem that way on the video? Regardless, it looked awesome.
Jun 15, 2009, 03:23 AM
Globemaster Maiden Time
KoziFlyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Gotts_Ta_Fly
I thought you said that you didn't want to do another scratch build after this one? Or was that someone else I'm thinking of?

BTW, were you using the flaps for landing? In the video, it looked like it came in quite fast. Did it just seem that way on the video? Regardless, it looked awesome.
No Flaps, she came in fast!!!
I will try flaps after getting comfortable with the plane.
Jun 15, 2009, 06:53 AM
Osprey Wanna Be Hobbiest
Osprey WannaB's Avatar
i wanna make one similar, but im more into the VTOL's... i'm thinking i might just build a plane with edf's and use a V-22 osprey as my design.. lol.. wierd but i would love it.. i like large scale planes like this! i dunno if foam would work for me though.. how easy is it to work with??


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Plug in removable wings for depron park jets ram3500-rcu Pusher Prop Jet Models 22 Feb 12, 2006 07:23 PM
Question Searching plan for depron impeller jet / Or building Steves f18 with an impeller??? German_wing Foamies (Kits) 1 Jan 24, 2005 08:34 AM
Question Plan for depron jet trainer RicoJ Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 5 Nov 03, 2004 02:09 AM
Missing wing ribs in Corsair plan... Please help. NetForce2K Parkflyers 1 May 09, 2003 09:12 PM
Need a plan converted from dwg to dxf dirtdiver Electric Plane Talk 1 Feb 27, 2003 09:12 PM