Good as gold - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by Hostage-46, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 23, 2008, 10:14 PM
Hit my smoke....
Discussion

Good as gold

Moving along per the schedule, 1 hr or so per night in the shop, small steps.

Spar is wrapped, In the "Genie in the from the middle" thread https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...=762111&page=5 I posted a question on Kevlar thread. Tony E was good enough to send me a spool, good karma goes a long way....

Turns out I had 3 packs of 1/8 kevlar ribbon, 90 feet of it. And it worked out very nicely, I used about 89 feet No more Kevlar left but I have some 1/8 carbon ribbon that I'll probably use to wrap the tip boxes.

I laid the pieces together, spar, end caps leading edge and aft section of the cores. I made a slight departure, adding a wooden bolt beam chordwise at the center of the panel. It serves two purposes, makes for a robust hold down for the aft bolt, and will be a solid anchor for a DB connector pin, I'm not a fan of cables or wires.

I fabricated the end caps by stacking and sanding all at once, somehow I managed to make them all about 1/4 too short. No worries, like the Gunny said, that's a 30 min redo.

I'll do that tomorrow and swing by Home Depot on the way home from work to pick up a propane torch. Need to melt some servo wire holes.

A also need to make a template so I can find the main wing hold down bolt after bagging.

Next is cutting the flaps and ailerons on Saturday.

Time to start thinking about wing color, painting mylars as soon as Sunday, maybe Monday.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply