This thread is privately moderated by Hostage-46, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 21, 2008, 09:33 PM
Hit my smoke....
Discussion

Pressing on...

No pictures tonight, but an hour or so of progress none the less. I cut the spar to length, which was nothing more then cutting the blade boxes in half.

I tested out the springs, very tight, but will loosen with time. Better to start tight IMHO.

I rough cut the end caps, will sand them down to contour tomorrow. I also remembered that I neglected to seal the blade boxes to prevent epoxy from seeping in during bagging. For this I put a lite coat of gorrilla glue over the boxes, hopefull that won't seep in as well. If it does I'll be able to work it out with the spring steel.

Tomorrow I'll wrap the spar, and fine sand the end caps, that ought to occupy an evening session.

Next will be servo wire holes and cutting flaps and ailerons. I'm going the pre cut/faced method as outlined in Drela'a Supra. For this I'm in my own, it is a departure from the plans, but a fairly common technique. This is where I'll use the spare core I've mentioned in previous posts.

More tomorrow..
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply