Jan 21, 2008, 11:30 AM
Thread OP

2x 12v chargers in series with a 24v Power Supply?

I have a nice 20amp 24v power supply and am looking at picking up 2 more all in one chargers. Can I run 2x Triton 2's with one 24v Power supply if I connect the chargers in series?

It should work right?

Mac
to remove ads between posts
Jan 21, 2008, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacclel
I have a nice 20amp 24v power supply and am looking at picking up 2 more all in one chargers. Can I run 2x Triton 2's with one 24v Power supply if I connect the chargers in series?

It should work right?
Only if the chargers are identical and both chargers are seeing the exact same load at their output. If the output load is different, then the input power required will be different, and the supply voltage will not divide equally.

I wouldn't do it.

Bill
Jan 21, 2008, 01:35 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebill3
Only if the chargers are identical and both chargers are seeing the exact same load at their output. If the output load is different, then the input power required will be different, and the supply voltage will not divide equally.

I wouldn't do it.

Bill

Thanks for the reply and now that I think about it what you said makes perfect sense. Both chargers would need to be pulling the same current at all times for it to work.

Mac
Jan 21, 2008, 02:39 PM
Permanently Banned
NO, U need a good 12V regulated power supply like the VOLTAGE CLAMP which also SUPERCHARGES

Quick Reply