This thread is privately moderated by Hostage-46, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 20, 2008, 10:54 PM
Hit my smoke....
Discussion

A salty Marine Gunny once told me...

"You never have time to do it right, but you always have time to do it again..."

I suspect I'll build two Genies before I'm done

The objective today was to get the spar stacked and glued. One of the things I've been thinking about on all of those business trips is that I DO NOT want to make the fundamental mistake of building the spar too thick and have it show up as a bump in the wing.

The plan is to complete the spar an 1/8" or so narrower then the core, and lay over soft balsa over the spar and sand it down flush to the top of the core.

Well today I noticed that my joiner boxes were a bit close, I used beefier ply on the top/bottom and it was just a bit too thick for comfort. I started sanding and realized it was just easier to build a few new boxes, what's an hour anyway in the scheme of things?

Once complete I made a poster board template and cut the spar webs, they fit perfectly. from there I just went via the plans, and stacked the spar I used 30 min epoxy and painters tape to hold it all together. The Lexan work bench worked very nicely for this, the spar looks like it came out nicely.

Tomorrow I'll give her a wrap
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply