Jan 17, 2008, 03:00 PM
New Product

6mmFlyRC Profile Sukhoi Su-37 with Simple Thrust Vectoring (with plans)

Here are plans for the 6mmFlyRC quick build Sukhoi Su-37. Like my MiG-29 and my F-22 it features the same type of simple tabbed construction. It is also equipped with tailerons in the prop-wash that can deflect the air stream from the propeller giving it a simple form of thrust vectoring.

It is intended to be flown with tailerons only, but it can easily be equipped with ailerons and rudders.

Wing span: 72 cm (28 inches)
Length: 103 cm (41 inches)

Build instructions: Use the MiG-29 instruction manual until the 6mmFlyRC team releases the manual for this model. The construction steps are exactly the same.

This plane is available for purchase as a kit by 6mmFlyRC.

Plans: Visit the web site for the Su-37 to download plans in PDF, AutoCad, and Google Sketchup formats.
Last edited by tomhe; Jul 03, 2008 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Added link to rc.tomhe.net/su-37
to remove ads between posts
Jan 17, 2008, 03:29 PM
Foam abuser!
Ahhh, another one I have to have! You sir are.....

a wonderful asset to the modeling community!

Thanks for another nice design!

Now where's my xacto knife....

Pat
Latest blog entry: Nico Hobbies
Jan 17, 2008, 03:30 PM
6mmFlyRC

Ready to go

We are just about ready to offer the kits. Hopefully, within the next 24 hours.
Jan 17, 2008, 03:31 PM
Foam abuser!
Colby,

Are you guys going to have any representation at AEF next weekend?

Pat
Jan 17, 2008, 03:43 PM
Foam abuser!
Plans printed and ready to cut out the templates. Looks like it goes together extremely easy (probably the easiest one of the bunch it seems). If I get on the ball, I can have it at least cut out and assembled by Sunday night, and have electronics installed by the AZ Electric Fest next weekend.

And since I did a Swifts scheme on my Mig-29, I'll have to do a Russian Knights theme on this.

EDIT - Oops, the Knights are in Su-27s. I'll come up with something more "military looking" for this one. (It's easier too! )

Pat
Jan 17, 2008, 04:57 PM
Thanks Tomhe for the posting, I think this was the one you flew on your first video right? Looked like a real nice flyer. This will make a nice addition to the fleet!
Jan 17, 2008, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhe
Here are plans for the 6mmFlyRC quick build Sukhoi Su-37. ...
This plane will be available for purchase as a kit by 6mmFlyRC.
Excellent work, Tomas!

I wish you and 6mmFlyRC success with this new design.

Best regards,
Bill Segraves
Last edited by segraves; Jan 17, 2008 at 10:51 PM. Reason: ScaleAndTile3, _v3k, tiles moved to message #1
Jan 17, 2008, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt
Thanks Tomhe for the posting, I think this was the one you flew on your first video right? Looked like a real nice flyer. This will make a nice addition to the fleet!
No, that was a copy of the Ikarus Su-27 XXL. I expect them to perform similarly, except for the thrust vectoring effect of the Su-37.
Jan 18, 2008, 07:30 AM
Thanks Tomhe for sharing all your great designs. I have you're Ikarus SU-27xxl design, but like the SU-37 tabbed construction. The SU-27 is my favorite Russian jet, and I was wondering if I cut off the canards of the SU-37, would it then be a SU-27? You're help would be greatly appreciated! Keep up the good work!!
Jan 18, 2008, 07:49 AM
It's a trap!
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgantwin11
I was wondering if I cut off the canards of the SU-37, would it then be a SU-27?
Yeah the Su-37 is essentially just an Su-27 airframe with canards, thrust vectoring, and updated avionics.
Jan 18, 2008, 12:29 PM
6mmFlyRC

Posted, ready to go

We posted the SU-37 in the catalog late last night. We are all set.

http://www.6mmflyrc.com/quick-build-series/
Jan 18, 2008, 05:05 PM
Have Fun! Land, Sea or Air
Cool! Can't wait to build this one.
Jan 18, 2008, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhe
No, that was a copy of the Ikarus Su-27 XXL. I expect them to perform similarly, except for the thrust vectoring effect of the Su-37.
O.K., looks good Tomhe. Were the canards moveable/controlling surfaces on the Su-37?
Jan 19, 2008, 10:12 PM
KFC
KFC
Blue Foam Master!!!
yes, the canards on the Su-37 are functional control surfaces.
Jan 20, 2008, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBflyguy
We posted the SU-37 in the catalog late last night. We are all set.

http://www.6mmflyrc.com/quick-build-series/
Cool! Any chance of you guys adding Maybz F-14 design to your catalog?

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ght=maybz+f+14