Jan 16, 2008, 02:53 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Can you get a variable pitch plane prop? Just seen one...

Hey guys, just seen a picture of a Variable plane prop. It says you can slow down during a dive and even fly in reverse?!?

Sounds interesting, I'm guessing it'll be powered by a servo?

Thanks!

to remove ads between posts
Jan 16, 2008, 05:06 PM
ARF Hater Club
Sure you can!
They are more popular in 3D though, on your basic small foamies. You use heli pitch mixing to control the pitch with a throttle/pitch curve from your Tx. You can program negative pitch to fly backwards, but I'm not sure how controllable it is.
Check out the 3D forum below.
Jan 16, 2008, 05:18 PM
4 8 15 16 23 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technex
Hey guys, just seen a picture of a Variable plane prop. It says you can slow down during a dive and even fly in reverse?!?

Sounds interesting, I'm guessing it'll be powered by a servo?

Thanks!

Where you been dude?
Jan 17, 2008, 08:38 AM
.. and with them, you can do cool things like this..
[attachment]1665760[/attachment]
Jan 17, 2008, 09:37 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyeflight89
Sure you can!
They are more popular in 3D though, on your basic small foamies. You use heli pitch mixing to control the pitch with a throttle/pitch curve from your Tx. You can program negative pitch to fly backwards, but I'm not sure how controllable it is.
Check out the 3D forum below.

Wow, I've just become a whole lot more interested in planes, like helis... Humm interesting! Sounds great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugequark
Where you been dude?
With my heli's . Learning about other RC areas for something I might be doing .

Thanks for the vid Andy, it looks hard to control during negative pitch, and I guess it would be no air over the control surfaces?

Thanks all for the replies!

Quick Reply