FlyFly BAE Hawk - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jan 15, 2008, 11:56 AM
Discussion

FlyFly BAE Hawk

Has anyone recievced the FlyFly BAE Hawk yet. If so, tell us about it. Looks like a good glassing project. Please provide pictures if you can. Looking for equipment areas, hatches, gear cutouts, etc........
http://www.ejf.com
Thanks
Hobbies
Last edited by hobbies; Jan 15, 2008 at 12:01 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 16, 2008, 12:13 AM
I received my one two weeks ago but not had a chance to do much as I had to travel overseas. The most interesting part of the model is the nose light (option from Fly Fly) which uses high intensity LEDS and Yes derives its power from the cell balance connector of the power pack. I will try to get some photo's together and post same.
Jan 16, 2008, 05:50 AM
a man of a certain weight
Nice flyier

Fly Fly Hawk with 6 cells (3 min 46 sec)
Jan 16, 2008, 06:09 AM
Here are some pictures of all the parts just out of the box, sorry but I did not remove the wrapping as I need to repackage it.
Jan 16, 2008, 11:05 AM
Thanks dennisp sq

Give us more pictures and start building, I am trying to decided between Fly Fly F-86 or this one the Hawk. I would glass either and paint the F-86 as a Fury or the Hawk as a T-45. I have see the F-86 up close, and seen it fly, just need more information on the Hawk to decide.

Thanks
hobbies
Jan 18, 2008, 09:06 PM
www.skyhobbies.com.sg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJbc-a88CnU
hi all,
Hope you guys can get them in your local stores soon.
Got this coolest motorized retract and will test it on the FLYFLY Hawk very soon.
Now starting the assembly soon. And hope the retracts fits well as it seems almost the same dimensions the FLYFLY ones...
Jan 19, 2008, 01:38 AM
Flying motor mount master
Cool I can't wait to see you land that piece of foam!!!

Jan 19, 2008, 02:20 PM
Skyhobbies, who makes the gear? Got a link to the manufacturer or online store. Looks petty real with it's slow retract speed. What are the gear made of? Fly Fly ARF's have to be order online in my town, no really good hobby stores here.

hobbies
Jan 19, 2008, 05:40 PM
Suspended Account
Its epf hobby that makes the gear. You can get them at ejf.com or sonicelectric.com I 'll be using these in my hawk as well as long as they hold up.???
Jan 24, 2008, 10:22 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
I'm getting mine real soon!
Schubie/Hacker B50 powered
Jan 24, 2008, 08:04 PM
Matt, that's great please feel free to post you thoughts and build facts about the kit here. I'am still sitting on the fence.......also still building baby furniture for grandson number two to be here in March. really like the FLY Fly offerings but not sure which one to go for.

hobbies
Jan 25, 2008, 07:19 AM
Once I cleared a giant back load of office work I shall be building mine, all being well should start next week.
Jan 25, 2008, 10:05 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Here's a couple of pix from someone's blog. I love the extremely close to scale outlines and sections, mine will have a flull 1.2 oz FG cloth and epoxy refinish, plus some additional internal strengthening to accomodate the extra powerfrom the Schubeler power system.

Best Hawk kit (next to the Schuebeler big /$$$ kit) out there for a long time.

My deposit is going in today Should hit UK shores next week
Jan 25, 2008, 12:32 PM
www.skyhobbies.com.sg
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisp_sg
Once I cleared a giant back load of office work I shall be building mine, all being well should start next week.

Dennis,

I am already building mine half way... spent quite some time sorting out the wiring arrangements before sealing the fuselage

Hi guys - for those who has one, please remember to attach the front half fuse separately with the back half fuse...It comes in 4 pieces (2 front halves / 2 back halves)... attach the right-front with the right-back fuse & left-front with the left-back - thereafter close the 2 complete halves together...

I will post some pics later when I got a chance.... going full stock setup with 5S 3700mah 25C and stock fan /B36-50 motor with TITAN80ASW31 ESC

Derrick
Jan 25, 2008, 02:08 PM
Hi there folks, I am awaiting delivery of mine to the UK very soon. Having the 1600KV motor for mine, nose light, air retracts, and robart valve, as I believe the flyfly valve is pants.
Will be using 6s F/P EVO30 3200mahr. I intend to try and keep everything as stock as possible, including supplied fan, however I am getting increasingly doubtful that this bird will ROG off our grass strip. It is well cut, and pretty smooth, but reading the results of digits efforts with the Raptor, it looks doubtful. I definitely want the retracts fitted, but the wheels look a bit small to me for grass strips, and everyone seems to think that Grass strips and EDF are not good mates
What do you guys think...
Last edited by flybyday; Jan 26, 2008 at 05:12 AM. Reason: spelling!