Jan 15, 2008, 09:19 AM
Administrator
Cool

Etoc 2008 Info

One of the first big RC events I ever attended was the first ETOC. I remember how excited I was to actually see some of the best pilots in the world, all in one place, competing against each other. It is time for all of us to start getting excited again because the 2008 ETOC is just around the corner.
Brother Bob Sadler, Tom Krogel and Wayne Geffon are hard at work getting everything tuned and tweaked for this year's event. They promise this will be the best ETOC to date.

There are 11 spots filled already for 2008. This is the top 10 from last year plus Claes Meijer who has a lifetime invitation!

John Glezellis
Gernot Bruckman
Mark Leseberg, Jr.
Jason Noll
Andrew Jesky
Ryan Archer
Brandon Chitty
Khui-Chih Huang
Frank Noll, Jr.
Chris Maier
Claes Meijer

RCGroups.com has a VERY special announcement that you will see here in another thread. Lets just say if you have always wanted compete at the ETOC now you have a chance.

Website link:
http://www.tntlandinggear.com/store/shop/ETOC1.htm

Get your videos submitted as soon as you can to Tom Krogel at TNT Landing gear.
Deadline for Submissions is 2/23/2008.
Invited pilot list will follow shortly thereafter.
Tom's e-mail is:
tntlandinggear@earthlink.net

If you have questions you can post them here and I will do my best to answer them or you can e-mail me at
Wgeffon@insightbb.com
Last edited by Jim T. Graham; Jan 15, 2008 at 09:36 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 15, 2008, 04:45 PM
Retardedly intelligent
does this mean there will be NO RCG indoor fly-in just wondering
Jan 15, 2008, 05:11 PM
Etoc is great, but the RCG fly was better! I know you were having trouble with a site but stick it in the dome if you have to.
Jan 15, 2008, 05:21 PM
Administrator
Our site that I found last year was rented for the year by a volley ball team and try as I did they will not let us borrow it for the weekend. We are still looking for a venue but we don't have anything right now. Sorry about that guys.
Jan 15, 2008, 05:43 PM
TnT will have a E-Fly or electric open fly at Central High School the evening of the ETOC for those of you who want to do that. It is just 10 minutes from ETOC and the convention center. Time will be Friday 4:00 PM to 11:00 PM and Saturday from 2:00 PM until 11:00 PM Watch the TnT site for more info or I'll pass it along to Jim.
Jan 15, 2008, 07:13 PM
There is no place like Hodges!
Not to get off topic, but would you consider having the RCG fly-in in Georgia? there is a great place, perfect for an indoor flying event in Macon, GA!
Jan 16, 2008, 09:33 AM
Guess Who's Back? :D
quick question is there a open fly at night or something... thinking about coming but no where near the level to compete at...
Jan 16, 2008, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintz2007
quick question is there a open fly at night or something... thinking about coming but no where near the level to compete at...
TnT will have a E-Fly or electric open fly at Central High School the evening of the ETOC for those of you who want to do that. It is just 10 minutes from ETOC and the convention center. Time will be Friday 4:00 PM to 11:00 PM and Saturday from 2:00 PM until 11:00 PM Watch the TnT site for more info or I'll pass it along to Jim.
Jan 16, 2008, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearman
Super, Im glad we got a place to fly!
Jan 16, 2008, 02:14 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
What no Que Que on the list of fliers for the ETOC?

Sad to hear the place from last year is lost. Oh well. The gym is fine, a tad tight, but what the heck.
Guess I better check the TnT site for the times of the ETOC.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Honor, MI
Jan 16, 2008, 02:19 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
gearman,
The Central High school is a different place from where the ETOC is held, do I understand that right?

I guess I better get a map out and check it out.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Honor, MI
Jan 16, 2008, 03:11 PM
Yes, two different events at two different places
Jan 16, 2008, 03:14 PM
Central Catholic High School address is 2550 Cherry Street and that is where the open fly is being held. It is 10 minutes from Waite High School where the ETOC is being held.
Jan 16, 2008, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conehead
What no Que Que on the list of fliers for the ETOC?
The list of invited pilots has not been finalized.
The names listed so far are the automatic invites from last year.
Top Ten 2007 ETOC finalists and Claes Meijer who has a lifetime invitation.
Jan 16, 2008, 04:58 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
Thanks for the info gearman.

Now I know. Now it is off to mapquest to see just where it is and how to get there.

I think it really neat to have people submit their videos for audition to the ETOC. I will never be good enough to fly in it, but I do enjoy the pilots who do.

I always wondered how the pilots were picked. I have seen the names and faces in publications and so I am somewhat like Jim Graham in being able to see some of the worlds best all in one place.

Thanks for the info. I knew all of you would help out the Conehead.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Honor, MI