New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Jan 24, 2008, 10:54 AM
rcnxs is offline
Find More Posts by rcnxs
Registered User

Opening Plan File


I only have access to printing, .pdf anyway to convert these so I can print?...is there a tiled version available?

Thanks

RCNXS
Last edited by rcnxs; Jan 24, 2008 at 11:07 AM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2008, 11:06 AM
Aio_1 is offline
Find More Posts by Aio_1
Registered User
Aio_1's Avatar
Anthony,

I'm curious if you tried any different types of brakes or did you use this type from the start? I'm thinking that having the plate attached directly to the trailing edge could cause some undesirable airflow which would create extra drag but might also create coupling. I'm using a plate suspended behind the trailing edge of the wing with a gap in between the two. I'm curious if anyone has tried both and if they noticed any difference.

Aidan
Old Jan 24, 2008, 02:24 PM
aerolite is offline
Find More Posts by aerolite
Fly lower!
aerolite's Avatar
anthony,

I will use:
E-flight 250 motor
GWS 8 x 4 HD prop
3-dymond D4.7 servos
either a thunderbird 6 or Phoenix 10 ESC
AR6100 spektrum receiver

may try to get started cutting this weekend

Do you compete? This plane looks very smooth and should do well in competitions

Mini Ifo
Old Jan 24, 2008, 02:28 PM
aerolite is offline
Find More Posts by aerolite
Fly lower!
aerolite's Avatar
Aio,

I think the trailing edge drag plates should work fine.

In his video running the F3P A & B pattern, there seems to be no coupling.

And besides, the trailing edge drag plates works on the leading F3P competition planes, such as the:

Clik!, Nexus, and Mercury

Even the Vrolet Biplane has them moving with the ailerons, although they are between the two.

No roll coupling problems noted with any of the above mentioned competition designs,

Just my two cents worth.

Mini Ifo
Old Jan 24, 2008, 03:25 PM
Aio_1 is offline
Find More Posts by Aio_1
Registered User
Aio_1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mini ifo
Aio,

I think the trailing edge drag plates should work fine.

In his video running the F3P A & B pattern, there seems to be no coupling.

And besides, the trailing edge drag plates works on the leading F3P competition planes, such as the:

Clik!, Nexus, and Mercury

Even the Vrolet Biplane has them moving with the ailerons, although they are between the two.

No roll coupling problems noted with any of the above mentioned competition designs,

Just my two cents worth.

Mini Ifo
Hi,

Just to clarify - I wasn't suggesting these were a bad choice.
There's some pros and cons to each of the methods I've seen to date and I haven't seen much in the way of comparisons between methods. I've only tried one approach so far which is very similar to Anthony's except that there's a gap between the aileron and the plate. I'm wondering if anyone has tried both of these or any other methods on the same plane and noticed a difference. My comments on the direct attachment (no gap) method are only an educated guess. I could be completely wrong. I haven't tried them yet and the chances are I wouldn't be able to detect any difference.

I look forward to seeing pics and video of a few more Cirrus F3Ps. I just realised I still haven't put this design on the plans thread...... Done Now!

Aidan
Last edited by Aio_1; Jan 24, 2008 at 03:43 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 06:02 PM
AnthonyF3P is online now
Find More Posts by AnthonyF3P
Registered User
RCNXS,
Yes there is a tiled version.

Aidan,
Where can I find pics of your air brakes? Perhaps I shall try on my next plane.

Mini Ifo,
Yes the plane do well in competitions , I won the 4 competitions that I participated and a friend was two times 2nd et once 3rd with the CIRRUS.

Anthony
Old Jan 24, 2008, 07:03 PM
rcnxs is offline
Find More Posts by rcnxs
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyF3P
RCNXS,
Yes there is a tiled version.

Aidan,
Where can I find pics of your air brakes? Perhaps I shall try on my next plane.

Mini Ifo,
Yes the plane do well in competitions , I won the 4 competitions that I participated and a friend was two times 2nd et once 3rd with the CIRRUS.

Anthony
Anthony, where can I get the tiled .pdf file? I don't have the software to open/decompress .rar files.

RCNXS
Last edited by rcnxs; Jan 24, 2008 at 07:09 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 07:51 PM
3-DMan is offline
Find More Posts by 3-DMan
Inverted,that's howI roll
3-DMan's Avatar
Really nice build and I like the vid. Your plane flys really slow and percise. Nice job!
Old Jan 25, 2008, 03:07 AM
AnthonyF3P is online now
Find More Posts by AnthonyF3P
Registered User
RCNXS,
Here are plans in .zip archive.

Anthony
Old Jan 25, 2008, 04:21 AM
Aio_1 is offline
Find More Posts by Aio_1
Registered User
Aio_1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyF3P
Aidan,
Where can I find pics of your air brakes? Perhaps I shall try on my next plane.
I've attached some pictures below. I've included the dimensions in this post.

Aidan
Old Jan 26, 2008, 05:21 AM
derekandjennys is offline
Find More Posts by derekandjennys
Air Thunder
Actually the Clik has the airbrakes offset behind the aileron also. And the way that the Vrolet is would also give the same clean air result as it is not attached to the aileron as it used to be. Jason changed it for a reason and it is an improvement.

Derek

But has anyone found that foam. I WANT SOME!
Old Jan 26, 2008, 09:30 AM
Aio_1 is offline
Find More Posts by Aio_1
Registered User
Aio_1's Avatar
I just took a look at the DXF and realised how long this plane is.
I'm also surprised at how much side area there is up the front. I would have thought it was a bit too much but it looks like it flies great. My original Index had a much longer nose similar to the Cirrus and had some undesirable tendencies in turns. I thought the side area was responsible but I'm starting to wonder.

Aidan
Old Jan 27, 2008, 11:45 AM
WreckRman2 is offline
Find More Posts by WreckRman2
Registered User
WreckRman2's Avatar
I like this.. however I printed the tiled pdf's and they all overlapped and match up perfect except for the left wing tip. It appears to be larger in size than the rest of them. I'll reverse the right tip and recreate the left one but just an fyi for you.

What other motor options are there for this?
Old Jan 27, 2008, 02:01 PM
Aio_1 is offline
Find More Posts by Aio_1
Registered User
Aio_1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by WreckRman2
I like this.. however I printed the tiled pdf's and they all overlapped and match up perfect except for the left wing tip. It appears to be larger in size than the rest of them. I'll reverse the right tip and recreate the left one but just an fyi for you.

What other motor options are there for this?
It's pretty typical F3P size so any of the usual 15g motors used for F3P should be fine.
Hacker A10-15s, E-Flite Park 250, Vytas, etc...
Old Jan 27, 2008, 02:16 PM
WreckRman2 is offline
Find More Posts by WreckRman2
Registered User
WreckRman2's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aio_1
It's pretty typical F3P size so any of the usual 15g motors used for F3P should be fine.
Hacker A10-15s, E-Flite Park 250, Vytas, etc...
Thanks... in an effort to try and keep cost down I ordered two of these earlier.

http://www.hobbycity.com/UNITEDHOBBI...idProduct=6311

I also have some Apogee 2s 350mah packs and a CC10 ESC.


Thread Tools