This thread is privately moderated by Knife Liddle, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 12, 2008, 12:58 PM
Lee Liddle
Thread OP
Discussion

Bobcat Build...batteries

Here are some shots of the batteries.
Last edited by Knife Liddle; Jan 12, 2008 at 09:14 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 12, 2008, 04:16 PM
This thing is way nose heavy from the get go. You had better mount every thing you can as far back as possible. Those batteries look to be too far forward but it's hard to tell from the pictures.
Jan 12, 2008, 10:27 PM
Lee Liddle
Thread OP
You were right. I had to remove the bulkhead behind the battery and move them way farther back, but I`ve got the cg in the suggested location now.
Jan 13, 2008, 12:29 PM
Lee Liddle
Thread OP
Rtf
Mar 05, 2008, 12:53 AM
Wow, I am planning on 4 3s 2250's to make a 6s pac and thought that was a lot. Man, you got some serious batteries in that thing!

Nice job!
Mar 05, 2008, 06:08 PM
Lee Liddle
Thread OP
I used blue foam to box in the batteries, leaving some room for air-flow. No complex battery box. That leaves the max amount of space. Of course mine doesn`t have a the weight of the nose gear and servo up front and I still had to push the batteries back to the maximum. With gear, I don`t think I could have gotten it to balance. With your 6s2p 4500 you should still be able to get the cg back far enough without tail weight.

Quick Reply