Dec 22, 2002, 05:35 PM
Piccolator
Thread OP

Simprop Piaggio P10 Avanti

Anyone know much about this kit? How it builds/flies? It's a real beauty.

http://www.eam.net/multiplex/piaggio.htm
to remove ads between posts
Dec 22, 2002, 11:17 PM
Speed Demon
I think you'll have better luck with this in "Scale Modeling".
Dec 29, 2002, 08:26 AM

Piaggio Flight Video

I have one of these models. There are some previous posts, and yes the model is a cracker!.

Normal Simprop quality - heat formed foam core wing and glass fuz.

I fly mine on 8x2400 and 2 reversed timed Irvine (Promaxx) 13 turn Colbalt motors.

I have posted a flight video on my web site at;

http://www.btinternet.com/~mark.frumtarn/new_page_5.htm

Mark.
Dec 29, 2002, 01:54 PM
Piccolator
Thread OP
AWESOME! - glad to find someone who has one.
What does "cracker" translate to in English? = )

What a beautiful ship, part of the reason I wanted it is it appears to be similar ot my Aquila which I love. And I can use the same packs. I use CP1700s's (8) and Sanyo 2400's (8) on it.

What flight times do you get?
Looks like it handles rough landings! why the bounce? do you not have speed breaks setup on it? I find them really helpful on the Aquila and on my AWS-24 which come in pretty hot without them.

Any other videos? I love it in flight, looks big, stable... just what I like in RC planes.

I LOVE the Rutan Long Eze.
Is that a a commercial product I can get somewhere?
Last edited by rojoyinc; Dec 29, 2002 at 01:57 PM.
Dec 31, 2002, 07:48 AM
rojoyinc, thanks for the comments.

'Cracker' roughly translates to 'superb'.

Flight times should be around 4 to 5 minutes on RC2400's. The landing was a bit bouncy, as I misjudged the speed and fetched the model in a bit 'hot'!

The reason there is not air (speed) brakes is that there is only one aileron servo.

The Long-Eze is a glow-to-electric conversion from the St. Croix kit (the company was based in Park falls, Wisconsin). This plane is around 15 years old, so wether it is still available I dont know. The 'Eze has flown, and I have a video of it, but it is not very good. Hopefully when the weather is better, I'll be able to get some better footage.

Quick Reply