Dec 26, 2009, 03:11 PM
Weni, wedi, Java...

Radio Shack Trash

I bought one of these Mosquitoes and it will not fly....nor will their Microfighter that looks like an F-22. In fact, NOTHING I have ever bought from Radio Shack will fly...
to remove ads between posts
Dec 27, 2009, 12:52 AM
Vanadu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Slensker View Post
I bought one of these Mosquitoes and it will not fly....nor will their Microfighter that looks like an F-22. In fact, NOTHING I have ever bought from Radio Shack will fly...
The F-22 is great but the key is to only buy the right frequency...which I forget which one it is and i\'m not at home to check. \also, can't fly those ones in the cold but in warm weather the F-22 and F-18 are awesome!!
Dec 27, 2009, 01:51 AM
get the 49mhz plane - much better than 27mhz - many have stated...

but remember still a crap shoot to get 2 perfectly new(working) motors w/ITC

the newer SUk from iTC sold @RS is for <$25 this xmas - best of ITC!
Dec 27, 2009, 09:47 AM
QuAd FaNaTiC
What's the SUK?
Dec 27, 2009, 11:11 AM
Weni, wedi, Java...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
What's the SUK?
The Sukhoi Berkut forward-swept wing jet.
Dec 27, 2009, 11:16 AM
Weni, wedi, Java...
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvill View Post
get the 49mhz plane - much better than 27mhz - many have stated...

but remember still a crap shoot to get 2 perfectly new(working) motors w/ITC

the newer SUk from iTC sold @RS is for <$25 this xmas - best of ITC!
I do indeed have the 49mhz version...It will scoot quickly along the gym floor, but won't get airborne. A hand-launch results in an immediate nose dive into the ground.
I have seen the videos of the Berkut flying. I hate to give Radio Shack any more money but that sales gurl sure is flirty!...hmmm
Dec 27, 2009, 11:38 AM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Infrared is not favorable. I take my falcon v 3 ch heli to gym with my other helis and the lights screw up the transmission.
Dec 27, 2009, 03:23 PM
Vanadu
I hate infared so much. I love that things are going small but i hate that they've gone infared, always transmission blips
Dec 27, 2009, 03:39 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
So wha was wrong with you mini mosquito?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Chevy View Post
I hate infared so much. I love that things are going small but i hate that they've gone infared, always transmission blips
Dec 27, 2009, 06:49 PM
Vanadu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
So wha was wrong with you mini mosquito?
It's a 2 ch. infared for starters. It takes a while to trim out during which it has bad TBE that just builds momentum and results with a blade clash and a crash. Total garbage. However, I can't say enough good things about the micro mosquito 4x4 It's a 4ch toy grade heli and is very stable and fun. It's what got me in to all of this rc stuff last year.
Dec 27, 2009, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Slensker View Post
are your motors for the f22 harmonized at any throttle - in sync. If it does throttle up and are in sync then its gotta be your hand toss.

seriously if motors are fine and rest of plane wingsfuseetc are good - same tone when spinning - then you are not tossing perfect into the wind - like a dart.

The f22 is difficult to toss! Hardest part about flying this plane.
Dec 27, 2009, 09:09 PM
Vanadu
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvill View Post
are your motors for the f22 harmonized at any throttle - in sync. If it does throttle up and are in sync then its gotta be your hand toss.

seriously if motors are fine and rest of plane wingsfuseetc are good - same tone when spinning - then you are not tossing perfect into the wind - like a dart.

The f22 is difficult to toss! Hardest part about flying this plane.
I second this! Dont give up, it's a good flyer
Dec 27, 2009, 10:04 PM
Have you tried non-power tosses, just to learn how to establish a good glide with this model? It will tell you if the airframe has any built-in turning tendancies to be corrected.

Sometimes adding power to the launch equation just compounds the challenge. When you know you have a good glide, adding power to it is simpler. If it glides striaght, but goes into a turn when power is added, you know trim knob adjustment is needed.

I almost bought a MMv3 for $25, mostly just for the motors and rx, but I would have wanted to fly it stock for a bit too. Then I remembered how much blade adjustment was req'd with the full size BR's, and I couldn't pull the trigger...... they were still fun though.......

.......if the girl is flirting with with a guy buying a toy plane, she should definitely be snapped up, not an everyday find......
Last edited by airfoil'd; Dec 27, 2009 at 10:20 PM.
Jan 02, 2010, 12:29 PM
Master Chief
Hi
I just got one as a late christmas gift
Will have to see if its as bad as you all say
And if i can mod her to fly better
Take care
Hank
Jan 02, 2010, 01:30 PM
Master Chief
Hi
The verdict is in this one is awful