Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jan 08, 2008, 06:12 AM
Discussion

"SEFF 2008"- The Southeast Electric Flight Festival 2008 in Americus, GA May 1-4

Hey folks,

I'm starting the official 2008 thread here. SEFF is the largest electric event in the world and takes place every spring in historic Americus, GA at Hodges Hobbies. We had a great time last year and expect to do even better this year. Below are some major links:

The event website:
http://www.koolflightsystems.com/seff.htm

Pilot Registration:
http://www.koolflightsystems.com/SEF...gistration.htm

Online Pilot Registration via Atlanta Hobby:
http://www.atlantahobby.com/shopdisp...istration+2008

Exhibitor Registration:
http://www.koolflightsystems.com/sef...gistration.htm
to remove ads between posts
Jan 08, 2008, 06:35 AM
The SEFF telescope guy.
We already have the vacation planned and are looking forward to seeing old friends and enjoying a truly first class event again this year! Thanks to everyone who does all the work to allow the rest of us to have such a great time.
Jan 08, 2008, 11:33 AM
aka Ranger Bill
We are already packing! Registered already as well.

All that's left to do is fill the truck up with diesel, hook up the camper and hit the road...

dang... it's still 3 1/2 months off... Oh well... counting down the days!
Jan 08, 2008, 12:39 PM
Captain Carnage says......
I registered yesterday

But I have a question about the camping situation....I know we'll never get a hook up....but is camping on the flight line as we've done in the past still going to be allowed???

we don't mind an EZ-Up depth at all, if is three or four deep that's cool....but will we still be allowed to set up camp behind our EZ ups as we've done in the past. Last year we had Eight of us on the very west end. 1 camper 4 easy ups. gave us a 2 deep pie wedge with the camper almost like a row three.

It almost reads like that wouldn't be allowed this year.....any insights??

Chuck
Jan 08, 2008, 12:57 PM
I can't make any promises. What you all did last year worked out fine b/c we did not have anything going on west of you or directly behind you. This year we plan to put a heli zone at the extreme west end of the field. I still don't think this will affect what you want to do...but I really can't make any promises.

At some point this spring.....myself and a group will go down to Macs to start planning our layout for this year. I'm not sure when we will be going.

Your spot was truely an exception to the rule. The rule is that no campers are on the front row except for the fixed RV parking spaces. (if I had my wishes...those would disapear as they really take up a lot of prime parking space close to the pit area)
Jan 08, 2008, 01:08 PM
Thanks for the quick reply Jeff,

and as always we have never had a problem with not having a front row camper.....it takes away our view too
so if its three deep we would have the camper in a forth row kinda thing
yeah... last year was unique...we were setting up straight when one of the staffers said....hey if you this park way you'll make the end of the line, and keep campers from using Mac's J-3 wing as a tent and we were still two deep in the wedge

but as always we would like to make the camper just behind the last row
this way we don't have to do the "Put the planes up" every night routine, as if we were staying at a local hotel, and it definately makes it easier to night fly.

so if the rules are pretty much the same as have been before...no problemo here

we got their Thursday last year which was late for us....we typically get there Wed. morning....But I am not starting a new project like I was last year
so Wed morn again for us....maybe Tuesday even

just keep us informed as it goes along

and see ya there
good winds and better thermals to ya

Chuck
Jan 08, 2008, 02:16 PM
Hey Jeff.

Sorry to hear you did not get your way on the hookup spots. Happy too as I was early enough to reserve one for this year!

I look forward to the event as it is a highlight on my circuit of flying events.

-Jeffrey
Jan 08, 2008, 03:11 PM
End of an Era.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWarriorBelgy
hey if you this park way you'll make the end of the line, and keep campers from using Mac's J-3 wing as a tent

Chuck
Won't have to worry about that this year because if you have not heard...there is no more Cub!

Can't wait to see what this year has in store! There will be a strong showing of "Hodgehounds"
Jan 08, 2008, 03:45 PM
Timelord
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgehound
Won't have to worry about that this year because if you have not heard...there is no more Cub!

Can't wait to see what this year has in store! There will be a strong showing of "Hodgehounds"
Is Mac going to get another plane?

Looking forward to my 6th SEFF this year!
Jan 08, 2008, 05:07 PM
27 yrs. of Aircraft flying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiremanBill
We are already packing! Registered already as well.

All that's left to do is fill the truck up with diesel, hook up the camper and hit the road...

dang... it's still 3 1/2 months off... Oh well... counting down the days!
3 months Dang just seen the date,it wont be long I really really really want to go but not sure going to make it. need talk my father into it.
Jan 08, 2008, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgehound

Yeah I know.....it sucks but I'm glad all are still alive and that Brother Bill, while on the long road to full recovery, is going to.

Chuck
Jan 08, 2008, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Who
Is Mac going to get another plane?

Looking forward to my 6th SEFF this year!
See here is one of the 8 I speak of, his dad is also one of 8

Glenn, Dave, and I are the advance guard of "The Arrival"

but what would a southern event be without representation from the Seminole Crash Festival Folks (besides prolly more pleasant... )

Chuck
Jan 08, 2008, 05:41 PM
End of an Era.....
LOL Mac says thats up to Billy. And there have been sightings of Billy out and about in Americus! YAY!!!!
Jan 08, 2008, 07:45 PM
aka Ranger Bill
Well that is certainly great news!
Jan 08, 2008, 08:22 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Great, I have been watching for this thread and was wondering when it would get started! My vacation is scheduled for 2 weeks!! I am going to get there the weekend prior this year and just chill up until the event. Use the field as much as possible this time. I didn't fly at all last year. I hope to have a trailer full of gear that I want to park there and not pull to and from the motel (Jamison Inn) each day. Is that do-able?

I also plan on setting up a canopy. When is the earliest I can do that? I am full of questions this time. Two more. As you stand on the porch at Hodges Hobbies, or sit in a rocker, which way is West? I didn't really pay attention last year, would that to the left or right? I really don't know where to setup. I will likely have mostly park flyers, but will have some 3D planes and Wings to fly. Last question for this post, Where is the nearest airport? I know the field serves as one, but a buddy of mine is flying in. He needs just a bit more runway than hodges field, plus I doubt he could land there on a Saturday if it was large enough due to the crowd. Any suggestions? I will have to go pick him up.

Thanks all, and so stoked about it this year!!

Diggs